Author Topic: block certain numbers - partly working  (Read 1941 times)

Offline WallIT

• View Profile
block certain numbers - partly working
« on: October 07, 2014, 07:59:07 AM »
Hi,

One user in particular gets plagued with marketing calls and has started to record the incoming number each time. We have added these to our Mitel 5000 by using a call routing table to direct those known numbers to an application that simply times out and hangs up. All good numbers are captured by the "+" sign at the bottom of the list, and sent to another Call Routing Table.

This appears to be working as the number of calls the user is getting is greatly reduced. I have blocked around 8 numbers, all starting 0743724....

I added a new number to the block CRT last week and now the user just rang me and said she had a call from the exact same number. I checked her Xarios Phone Manger log to confirm. It is definitely the same number. I checked the block is working by adding my own mobile number to this list and dialling in, which hangs up immediately.

Have I missed something? Is there a better way to block numbers?

Thanks.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: block certain numbers - partly working
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 08:26:04 AM »
WallIT,

This is the best way to do it, but you need to make sure there is only one path in for it to be effective.

Thanks,

TE

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 09:06:04 AM »
The "+" is at the BOTTOM of the routing table, right?  List hunts top to bottom.

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 01:38:43 PM »
Trunk Group Ring In - both Day & Night still go to your blocking CRT, right? I had a customer that made a change here, and bypassed my blocking intermittently.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10