Author Topic: How to turn on automatic night mode?  (Read 2979 times)

Offline cholzhauer

• View Profile
How to turn on automatic night mode?
« on: September 30, 2014, 03:54:06 PM »
There are quite a few questions on the forums describing how to setup and configure automatic night mode, but I haven't found one that details how to 'make the thing work'

I have everything configured on the STAR, but night mode just doesn't turn on at the specified time....am I missing an "on switch" somewhere?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: How to turn on automatic night mode?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 04:26:35 PM »
 STAR should have an entry near the bottom (to allow adding holidays above) that shows your normal hours (8:00-5:00 M, T W Th, F) and it show as its destination your day app.  If you're using live answer you still need an app, that's the only thing STAR can point to...just build one with no recording and digit timeout to person or group.  Then at bottom of STAR put in nite app as DEFAULT destination.  Now STAR will search down the list for a match.  If day matches it will go there.  If no matchit  will go to default.  Last, need to point the trunk group or DID number you wish to control to the STAR app as its ring in destination (I usually put it as both day and night in case someone puts the system in night mode).

Offline cholzhauer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 04:51:01 PM »
<snip>  Last, need to point the trunk group or DID number you wish to control to the STAR app as its ring in destination (I usually put it as both day and night in case someone puts the system in night mode).

That's what the vendor told me, but I couldn't follow what they meant.  I have a DID number that points to the STAR (2880) that rings the sales department.  There's another STAR (2814) that is listed under "default destination"...2814 is the STAR for night mode.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 08:31:19 PM »
Cholzhauer,

I think you misunderstand how this actually works. First of all a STAR does not actually put the 5000 in Night Mode it just routes a call based on Time and Date to a Voice Processor Application. So in the end you will not see the system go into Night Mode, but you should be able to call in and be routed to where you want to go based on Time and Date.

My college and I use the actual Night Mode Function as a route to bypass the STAR which opens up a few more options in logic routing.

Thanks,

TE

Offline cholzhauer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 10:09:50 PM »
TE, you're exactly right, I was mistaken as to what was supposed to happen.

I did some experimenting with the system just now and found it to be just like you described.  The reason no one thought this worked was because the 800 number and the local number end up in two different places in the system.  If you dial the local number that the 800 number is pointed at, and turn night mode off, you get the correct "we're not here" message.

Thanks for clarifying for me.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10