Author Topic: Mitel Flash Card  (Read 2534 times)

Offline jmarcwsp1

• View Profile
Mitel Flash Card
« on: March 27, 2014, 08:32:16 AM »
We have hundreds of customers with the Mitel 5000 HX v4.0, v5.0, v5.1, and v6.0 systems.   Many opted not to go with Software assurance.  We did not really push it because Mitel has done so little with the 5000 over the past several years (1 new feature in 2 years).  The 5000 is a very reliable system however we sometimes flash cards becoming defective.  There are issues taking an unused 6.0 flash card and downgrading it to a lower revision.  It was my understanding it was just a dumb card until the license was attached.  Is there another solution besides upgrading all these customers to the v6.0. 

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel Flash Card
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 09:44:41 AM »
Jmarcwsp1,

Software Assurance is what also allows you to call in and talk to customer support without getting charged. This is just as much for your sake as it is the customers. I guess if you start passing that cost along they may start signing up for the service.

As for downgrading 6.0 cards that is a known issue and I do not know of a workaround since all of our customers are required to have Software Assurance.

Thanks,

TE

Offline jmarcwsp1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 05:50:41 PM »
It is best if you keep a spare flash card for each revision. I hear v6.0 can downgrade to 5.1 but not lower.

The best solution is to have the customer stay in software assurance.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 12:25:57 AM »
It was my understanding it was just a dumb card until the license was attached.  Is there another solution besides upgrading all these customers to the v6.0.
Not exactly, the cards do have a serial number embedded in them, it is not an "off the shelf"... I tried to use card one time just to get by, it didn't work, there was no serial number on the card. The SD cards must come from Mitel.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10