Author Topic: CallerID issue  (Read 7786 times)

Offline MGO

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: CallerID issue
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 01:51:52 PM »
haucke,

If you figure this out please post how you did it.  Our carrier requires the same thing (*15 or 999) in order to forward the original caller ID and I could never figure it out.  Thanks.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 02:27:36 PM »
Haucke & MGO,

That part is simple to do.

Go to System > Devices and Feature Codes > Numbering Plan > Dial Rules
Find the first unused Dialing Rule, by default 8.

8. Add *15
9. Add 999

Then go to your Facility Groups > P15xx > Dial Rules

Right-Click to Add a Dial Rule then add either 8 or 9 to the Dial Rules where you would need them. If it is required to be in front of the dialed number then make sure you drag and drop it to the top.

Example: Local Facility Group P1500

Dial Rules
8 Add *15
3 Echo 3-digits After Toll Field
4 Echo Local Address

This will dial *15 and then the 3-digit office code followed by the 7-digit phone number.

That should get you what you are looking for, but you will need to do this for each type of call, read facility group, that needs to have the *15 or 999 added to it.

Thanks,

TE

Offline MGO

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2014, 03:27:31 PM »
Wow, that was easy.. thank you!

Just to make sure I understand - when I add "999" to the Facility Groups will it always send those digits to the carrier even if it is just a normal outgoing call from my office phone?  My office phone uses an outgoing caller ID that is trusted by the carrier (my DID) so I assume they just ignore the 999?

I tested this for the Local facility group and it seemed to work fine in both scenarios (forwarded calls, and normal outbound calls).

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2014, 05:09:27 PM »
MGO,

Yes, it will always send those digits to the carrier for that type of call defined by the Facility Group.

I am not sure if you understand the difference between the Called Number and the Calling Party Number.

Called (Dialed) Number: the number you dial to reach a person or device that answers the call.
Calling Party Number: the number provided to the Central Office (Carrier) and then handed to the called party as the Caller ID.

What you are changing is the Called (Dialed) Number not the Calling Party Number with the solution I provided you as that was what I believed you and Haucke were requesting. I am not sure what carrier is requesting such a thing, but I assume it is some sort of feature code necessary to accept Non-Native Caller ID.

Thanks,

TE

Offline MGO

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2014, 05:19:54 PM »
Yes you are correct that the carrier is requiring this to accept Non-Native Caller ID.

Essentially what happens is this:

Someone (external) calls my DID
If I don't answer it forwards to my cell phone
The system generates a call using the original external caller ID as the calling party number (so that I know who is calling me)
The carrier rejects the call because it won't authorize calls originating from this unknown calling party number

Using this workaround - the carrier sees a prefix of "999" or "*15" and therefore won't reject the call because it understands the call is coming from our system.

Thanks again for you help.

Offline haucke

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2014, 10:53:42 AM »

BINGO!!! ;D :D ;) :)

Implemented and worked!  I had Mitel support remote in the other day and they never mentioned this, nor did that get the issue fixed.  But you did with a simple post!

Wow, that was easy.. thank you!

Just to make sure I understand - when I add "999" to the Facility Groups will it always send those digits to the carrier even if it is just a normal outgoing call from my office phone?  My office phone uses an outgoing caller ID that is trusted by the carrier (my DID) so I assume they just ignore the 999?

I tested this for the Local facility group and it seemed to work fine in both scenarios (forwarded calls, and normal outbound calls).

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10