Poll

Do you or your customer request a message that says "Your Call May Be Recorded" message for most/some/all DID calls before the call rings the user/group?

Yes.  My company or my customers have requested this.
4 (100%)
No.  No one has ever asked me to do this.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: August 24, 2013, 02:37:16 PM

Author Topic: Your Call May Be Recorded Message  (Read 3562 times)

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Your Call May Be Recorded Message
« on: July 25, 2013, 02:37:17 PM »
I see this about once a month on the forum.   Someone will ask how to program a message that lets their callers know their call may be recorded.
As you may know this is not an easy thing on the Mitel but I may have solution.

But before I take this to development I'd like to understand what the market may be for it.

So I'd like to know from the members here if you or your customers that are using call recording has ever requested that a message for each call plays an upfront message.

If yes, please also add comments to let us know if you were able to find a way to accommodate the request or simply told the customer it wasn't an option.

Ralph

Offline ianbt001

• View Profile
Re: Your Call May Be Recorded Message
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 04:50:13 PM »
Yes and yes.   I have been asked and have done it.

Set one up about two years ago, not 100 percent sure how from memory but do remember I used dummy acd Q with rad for the message.

Basically I think call was routed to Q with no agents logged in, Then once message had played calls routed to ring or hunt group.

Will provide more info when I get chance to check setup

Ian

Offline matthew

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 06:12:04 PM »
Yes for both. One customer has ACD, so that was simply a matter of recording it as part of the greeting. The other doesn't usually have ACD, but like Ian, I directed the call via ACD with no agents, then output to hunt group after. It's a requirement in Australia to advise callers if they will be recorded. These solutions work for inbound, but I have not come up with a good way to advise on outbound calls.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 10:15:27 AM »
Yes and No, but partially because North Dakota is a little different that some states, although most are similar, you should check local/state laws. ND has what is called a "Single Party Consent Law", meaning as long as one person in the conversation is aware the conversation is being recorded they do not need to notify the other party, even across state or international lines, that the conversation is being recording, and it is legally admissible as evidence.

In most other cases the customer has Esna or Nupoint VM, so making the calls flow through an auto attendant and make the announcement, for ACD customers (we actually don't have any at my current vendor anymore! YEAH!) it is a fairly simple task as others have noticed.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 03:11:14 PM »
Thanks to Jim Graham, here's a Wikipedia page that shows current laws regarding letting callers know that they are being recorded.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_recording_laws

Ralph

Offline Magic Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 06:03:59 AM »
Yep in the middle of changing over the rad for one of my customers here in the UK, but having trouble finding the rad!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10