Author Topic: Need help with Call rerouting Multiple Extensions to a One Voice Mail Box  (Read 13112 times)

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
That would dove tale into ralph's thought that she would have to a have a differenet mailbox then her extension and a message waiting key.

If someone just want's to see if her boss has messages, that's the easiest thing to do.   That way the boss can pick up his own VMs too.

Ralph

Offline martyn

• View Profile
further to johnp's comments

I have a hunt group with a type of "NameTag" with a number of *XXXX (were XXXX is the same as the extension that you want to receive the voicemail)

Then just setup a Call Rerouting always from *XXXX to your voicemail pilot and setup Call Rerouting first alt from each of the extensions to *XXXX

So if your secretary's extension is 6111 then your would create the huntgroup with *6111

Hope that helps clear it up.

That seems to only work for embedded VM. If you do the same to a NP mailbox then it doesn't recognise the number, and just drops you at the system prompt!

I agree with Ralph that it is a pretty cool solution though.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Yeah, NPM you have to use alternate extension number. I do like the new direct transfer in 6

Offline martyn

• View Profile
Yeah, NPM you have to use alternate extension number. I do like the new direct transfer in 6
Hmm yeah, but doesn't quite work like expected, as if you do digit dialling in an ACD, to a single line key that has a permanent CF set to voicemail, then the system still doesn't recognise that it should be destined for that number.

Offline ghost

• View Profile
Ghost: If they want their calls to go to the secretaries mailbox, her extension already exists so would that not stop them from programming a Name Tag hunt group? That would dove tale into ralph's thought that she would have to a have a differenet mailbox then her extension and a message waiting key.

Loopy, having the * infront of the hunt group number means it is treated as a different DN, but the VM does not recognise the * so it drops it. And with the nature of the name tag hunt group it "forgets" what the first extension was

That seems to only work for embedded VM. If you do the same to a NP mailbox then it doesn't recognise the number, and just drops you at the system prompt!

I agree with Ralph that it is a pretty cool solution though.

Martyn, I have never used NP so I dont know, I have only used this method with the internal mailbox. It was actually an ex-Mitel empolyee who gave me this method.

Offline martyn

• View Profile
Hmm yeah, but doesn't quite work like expected, as if you do digit dialling in an ACD, to a single line key that has a permanent CF set to voicemail, then the system still doesn't recognise that it should be destined for that number.
For something a little different, I will correct myself on this one. Further investigation shows that if you do digit dialling from an internal extension then it works fine to NP. It is only from an external caller that the issue occurs, and I believe (though I haven't gone through and found the exact issue yet), that it is only limited to the set up that I am working with, as it is PRI trunks going in to a physical system, and then straight across a direct IP Trunk to the virtual system where the users and ACD paths, etc live.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10