Author Topic: New to MITEL 3300 MCD looking for some guidance  (Read 5196 times)

Offline NetEcho

• Contributer
    • View Profile
New to MITEL 3300 MCD looking for some guidance
« on: October 12, 2012, 10:26:02 PM »
Good day,

I was just recently given the password to our MITEL 3300 MCD software and was wondering how to go about doing a specific task, To give you some back story on this I had completed this task about a year ago with the guidance of a technician and am looking to replicate the results.

We are currently using up all of our licensed extensions and how we got around this last time to create a new extension for me was

We already had a phone at Extension 5005, the tech walked me through creating the extension 5055 and voice mail for that extension then we added 2 buttons to the phone that has 5005 labeled [5055 Incoming]  and [5055 MWL (VoiceMail Light)

I am looking to do the same with Extension 5004 by creating 5044 for a new employee we have but I am unsure of where to start, and don't want to mess around with too many things and risk crippling all of our phones.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: New to MITEL 3300 MCD looking for some guidance
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 02:25:08 AM »
I am sure there is a reason why the previous technician did not change the extension number of 5005 to 5055, but I think it would have been so much simpler than the mucky-muck key changes done to make it work the way it is (there is probably more to this than meets the eye too, it could have been done any number of ways).

Why not just change x5004 to x5044 and change the name, use the same mailbox and all programming should be the same? Bam! and it's done...

Offline NetEcho

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 11:08:16 PM »
Hi Ace, the reason for this is 5005 and 5004 are both in use by other employees sharing the same desk, which is why 5055 was created and we need to create 5044

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 07:12:27 AM »
This sounds like a multicall or keyline key rather than a new extension.....So physically you only have the one phone 5005 but it has a key on it that is labled 5055 and rings and flashes on that key whilst 5005 rings the phone itself and the big red light flahes but nothing else?

If so you create a multicall/keyline key on the phone in question in users. You then a have a DN that you can reroute and assign a VM box to in the appropriate places. And add a MWI key to as well.

The key(if you will excuse the pun) is the creation of a multicall/keyline key on the 5004 telephone first so you can then assign stuff to that DN.

Does that help?

Offline NetEcho

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 04:08:56 PM »
Hi x-man yes it does help it's starting to jog my memory, I remember creating the Incoming and MWL buttons on the phone but I remember he had me go somewhere else as well to make it so when a client dials the fake extension it actually routes to the 5005 phone.

Offline ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 11:44:38 PM »
I agree with the others, I wouldnt want to waste a license on a virtual extension and best to just use a singleline/multieline key

Goto Multiline Set Keys and select 5004
change a button and set as
  line type: single line
  Button Dir Number: 5044
  Ring Type: Ring

change another button and set as
  line type: Message Waiting Indication
  Button Dir Number: 5044
  Ring Type: blank
(This button wont work until you create the VM Mailbox)

Then goto VM Mailbox and create a mailbox as 5044

Depending on your COS it may be setup to either answer mulitline calls when you pickup the handset or not (if not you will need to press the line button)
If you want it to pickup the call when you pickup the handset you can either modify your COS or create a reroute to ext 5004.

Good practice would also be to add in a Telephone Directory entry aswell.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 01:26:43 AM »
ghost is right on the money, make sure you do the Telephone Directory entry! (this becomes very important in later softwares or clustered environments)

Also, to get calls to go VM, you need to go to the Call Rerouting form and assign it a 1st Alternative route to VM so that calls will go to VM if not answered on the new DN.

Offline NetEcho

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 01:59:40 PM »
acejavelin and Ghost,  thank you so much. it worked like a charm, I just require access to our VM server and all will be great now the thing is I couldn't find where to add a directory entry, I just made a key that says 5044 incoming then dialed 5044 and it rang

Offline ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2012, 07:53:48 PM »
it depends on what software version you are running

10.1 (aka MCD 4.1) and higher
Users and Devices -> Telephone Directory Management -> Telephone Directory
Or View Alphabetically -> Telephone Directory

10.0 and lower
System Administration -> Telephone Directory Management -> Telephone Directory Assignment
Or All forms (alphabetical)  -> Telephone Directory Assignment

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 05:30:51 AM »
no problem.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 05:32:28 AM by x-man »

Offline NetEcho

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: New to MITEL 3300 MCD looking for some guidance [Closed]
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 09:34:59 AM »