Author Topic: How to connect a Gigaset N300 base station and A540h gigaset mobile to mitel sys  (Read 3293 times)

Offline scottH

• Contributer
    • View Profile
If this is not the part please direct to correct one, as for mitel not sure where on there, i l send on overview screen shot
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 05:57:19 AM by scottH »

Offline scottH

• Contributer
    • View Profile
heres the overview of mitel

Offline Magpye

• View Profile
Looks like you haven't set the proxy server.
Might be worth double checking the set up against this.

On the Gigaset:
Go to Telephony/Connections and check the active box for line IP1 and then click edit.
Now change the connection name to the extension number. The authentication name, username and display name all also need to be the extension number.
Set the password to match what was set on the Mitel.
Click on show advanced settings.
The domain and proxy server need to be set to the IP address of the Mitel. The ports need to be 5060 for SIP.
Outbound Proxy should be set to Always.
Optional:
Go to settings/telephony/advanced voip
Enable both ‘Use the R key to transfer’ and ‘Transfer by On-Hook’
Also ensure that Hold on transfer target is unticked for both attended and unattended transfer.

On the Mitel:
Check the SIP Device Capability that are assigned to your extension.
To find out this go to Users & Devices / User and Service Configuration, The extension number, Service Detail.

To modify the Sip Device Capabilities go to System Properties / Feature Settings / SIP device capabilities and locate the associated number.
Enable the following:
             Replace System based with Device based In-Call Features,
             Prevent the Use of IP Address 0.0.0.0 in SDP Messages,
             Suppress Use of SDP Inactive Media Streams
             Allow Display Update
             Use P-Asserted Identity Header

Offline scottH

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Thanks magpye ill check all this out when i get back to the main school, i have all the details in for proxy etc, id just cleared them for the screen shot sorry.

Offline scottH

• Contributer
    • View Profile
One thing i do know, all our ip phones are on the same sip device capabilities (1)

Offline Magpye

• View Profile
You should set up a new SIP DC for the Gigaset as it acts differently to other Mitel SIP Phones

Offline scottH

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Done as per your help and still same result, they can hear me but i cant hear them, yet external calls to that number work fine, they can dial me on the gigaset and can hear me but again i cant hear them ????  see screenshot of sip, could it be because its in both a ring group and personal ring group?

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Sounds like you have a SIP-Alg or helper in the way somewhere.....some ports not open on the network or ports/ip addresses being changed by something. That is the usual cause of one way transmission.

Offline scottH

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Thanks for the reply xman, but the mitel phone part of the ring group which the mobile is linked from works fine, maybe if i try it in and individual nic port of its own it may work better?

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Quite possibly if I am understanding you correctly; you have the gigaset plugged into the back of a phone?

Offline scottH

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Yes as its the only nic port available in that area, ill unplug the normal mitel phone and test.

Offline Magpye

• View Profile
Mitel phones communicate via Minet and the Gigaset via SIP.
Some firewalls/routers/switches can cause problems for SIP because of SIP ALG, have a check to see if you have this enabled anywhere.

Offline scottH

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Nothing on any switches apart from the vlan and thats just basic traffic routing/seperating nothing complicated

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Switches will either be layer 3 or route (trunk)  to a router for the vlan work.. Either could contain a sip-alg or sip helper. Most Cisco layer 3 switches do I believe and certainly most router/firewalls do.

Offline scottH

• Contributer
    • View Profile

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10