Author Topic: How to get ARS to ignore 356 so customer can forward calls...  (Read 1432 times)

Offline jp0013

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Simple scenario. Customer doesn't want to use dynamic extension, and I don't want to program 80+ dynamic extensions anyway. We just programmed ARS and the customer is use to dialing 356 to forward calls when they need to. Now, ARS treats 356 as a long distance call and attempts to route it accordingly.

Is there a way to get ARS to ignore specific digit inputs? If so, how?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How to get ARS to ignore 356 so customer can forward calls...
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 06:30:17 PM »
Jp0013,

If I understand you correctly all you want is for 356 to be the code to forward calls. Why don't you just change the feature code for Call Forward All Calls to be 356. By default 356 is Call Forward No Answer so that shouldn't be an issue now unless they are dialing the Outgoing or ARS feature code first.

I must be understanding your problem wrong I guess; could you clarify?

Edit

To answer your question yes you can get ARS to "ignore" digits, but I am not sure that is what you need to do yet.

Thanks,

TE
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 06:32:17 PM by Tech Electronics »

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: How to get ARS to ignore 356 so customer can forward calls...
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 08:32:14 AM »
It seems like you're saying you just want to forward calls to outside numbers.  By default a user would dial 355 (forward all calls), then 8 or 92000, then the external number.  I don't see how ARS plays into this at all.  Are they trying to push OUTGOING before dialing the feature code?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10