Author Topic: Hunt Group Monitoring  (Read 5219 times)

Offline fleets9876

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hunt Group Monitoring
« on: June 04, 2014, 04:17:01 PM »
We have 2 5000s (v6) networked together working as one system.  Half extension are on 1 box and other half on 2nd box.  When supervisor tries to monitor (321) one of the extension in the hunt group, she can only listen in on the extension that are on same box as her. I created a 2nd hunt group on the 2nd box and added all the extensions and her as supervisor but that didn't help.
Any ideas?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hunt Group Monitoring
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 08:14:05 PM »
Fleets9876,

There are only a few things that I know of that will show a Monitor Rejected on a Supervisors phone when trying to monitor an active agent.

A hunt group member/agent is on a conference call.
The hunt group member/agent is on a peer-to-peer (P2P) call.
A hunt group member/agent is getting agent help.
A hunt group member/agent is using Record-A-Call. <- I believe this is no longer an issue though, but I would have to look it up.
Another supervisor has already joined the call.
The hunt group member/agent is not really on a call but shows busy on their button.

The first thing I would look at is removing Using Peer-to-Peer Audio from the member/agent's Network Group. Keep in mind that station monitor is acting in some ways just like a conference call and uses the same "resources" so if they are tied up then the monitor is rejected. I do know that when P2P is turned on you can not use Agent Help, Record-A-Call, or Silent Monitor on those stations.

Thanks,

TE

Offline fleets9876

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 12:31:21 PM »
Hi TE,
Peer-to-Peer Audio is set to "no" for both machines. 
There is only one supervisor at this time. She can listen in on extensions that are on the same node as her but not on the other node.
We also don't use the agent help feature (though we should!).

Offline fleets9876

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 05:20:51 PM »
I just read this in the manual so I guess its not possible.

The Station Monitor feature is limited to a single node. Members who are logged in to a remote
node or who are logged in to the supervisor’s node from a remote node cannot be monitored.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 08:03:57 PM »
Fleets9876,

Which manual are you reading if you don't mind me asking? If I remember correctly ever since Axxess 9.0 we have been able to monitor stations on other nodes. Prior to that we had to use this old trick to do it, but you can give it a try if you want, but keep in mind it was created for Axxess systems prior to 9.0 that did not have this feature so it references Axxess lingo, but with the built-in resources of an HX you have everything you need.

REQUIREMENTS:

1.One available LSC or LGC port.

2.One available SLC port.

3.One phantom SLC port.

SETUP:

1. Use a free physical single line port (SLC, or SLA: extension 1201 for this example) and a free loop start trunk (LSC or LGC port set as loop start), plus a phantom SLC extension (phantom extension 1200 is used for this example)

2. Wire the physical single line port (1201) to the loop start trunk port.

3. Program the loop start trunk port into an unused trunk group (trunk group 9202 is used for this example)

4. Remove "Subject to toll restriction" from trunk group 9202.

5. Program the physical single line port 1201 as a supervisor of the hunt group('s) you wish to monitor.

6. Manually forward the phantom port (ext. 1200) to trunk group 9202 with no number to dial (remote feature programming (359) works well for this).

7. Program an Extension ID for phantom extension 1200 in the voice mail.

Here is how to setup the forward on the phantom (1200) from any key telephone in the system:

1. Press the SPCL key.

2. Dial the remote forward code 359 followed by extension 1200.

3. Dial the extension's password (default is 1200 for extension 1200) after dialing the password, dial a #.

4. Dial the Call Forward/All Calls feature code 355 followed by 9202 then press the SPKR button to end.

REMOTE OPERATION:
Place an incoming call into the system and have the auto-attendant/call routing transfer or a person transfer the call to extension 1200 (Extension 1200 forwards to the trunk group 9202 thus providing dial tone from the SLC port that is connected to it), wait for the dial tone, and then dial the monitor feature code 321 + the extension number to monitor.

NOTE: The extension number that is being monitored must be in a hunt group containing physical single line port (1201) as a supervisor of the hunt group('s).

NETWORK (NODE) OPERATION:
To use this from other nodes in a network, export the single line (SLC) port (extension 1200) to the other nodes. Create an Extension ID 1200 in Axxessory Talk or Voice Processor to allow dialing from outside through an Auto Attendant (AA) or Call Routing Application (CRA). Keep in mind that the time allowed to monitor is controlled by the Unsupervised CO timer (5 minutes by default).

Now to monitor a phone on a hunt group (HG) call:

1. Dial the phantom extension 1200 (from a remote node or transfer from outside) and wait for dial tone.

2. Enter the monitor code 321 and wait for a confirmation tone

3. Dial the extension to monitor. If you hear reorder, the station is not currently on a call.

Thanks,

TE

Offline fleets9876

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 01:53:03 PM »
FYI It is in the 5000 6.0 Features and Programming Guide

I will try what you suggested. Thanks!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 07:43:03 PM »
Fleets9876,

Ha! just like Mitel to mess up a good thing and then still get the documentation wrong to boot. lol

Page 573: The Station Monitor feature is limited to a single node. Members who are logged in to a remote node or who are logged in to the supervisor’s node from a remote node cannot be monitored.

Page 581: The Station Monitor and Barge-In features are supported on remote nodes. A supervisor may monitor a hunt-group member/agent as long as he or she is designated as a supervisor of the group that the member/agent is logged into.

Of course they did fix the Record-A-Call function so now agents can Record Calls without booting the Supervisor. Of course between the two changes I believe that is more of a reduction in feature than a improvement since most Agents do not use Record-A-Call as most call centers have external call recorders that record all agent calls.

Thanks,

TE

Offline fleets9876

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 09:35:15 AM »
Great so which one is right? Because it doesn't work for us!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 08:51:51 AM »
Fleet9876,

Unfortunately to get a definitive answer would require that a ticket be put in with Mitel Tech Support.

Sorry,

TE

Offline fleets9876

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 03:55:07 PM »
Anyone else have any ideas?  Mitel is telling me it should work but supervisor is still getting "Silent Monitor Rejected" when trying to listen in on an extension on another node.
We do not use P2P or agent help, the call center does not do conference calls and there is only 1 supervisor.

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2014, 06:38:28 PM »
I think I have a 5000 (v5) & an Axxess (v11) networked with it working, but they are using Digital, not IP endpoints (not sure if it matters). Sounds like you created a ticket with Mitel. Since they say it should work, but your tests fail, I would call them back and have them remote in and check the config and/or logs to assist in troubleshooting.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10