Author Topic: Mitel 3300 Upgrade  (Read 13283 times)

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 3300 Upgrade
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2014, 11:16:49 AM »
I like to use FileZilla on my laptops instead of Windows IIS, that way I can have multiple releases available for transfer to a 3300, and decide which release I load based on the username/password.]I like to use FileZilla on my laptops instead of Windows IIS, that way I can have multiple releases available for transfer to a 3300, and decide which release I load based on the username/password.

I forget who showed me that trick but that's exactly why I use filezilla.   It's easier that IIS too.

Ralph
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 08:11:05 AM by ralph »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Re: Mitel 3300 Upgrade
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2014, 12:44:23 PM »

Offline johnkeri

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2014, 04:41:59 PM »
I have Windows FTP running and it still installs in Program files or C:\. It used to install in ftproot.
Of course if you are familiar with managing FTP you can use multiple directories with different loads and just change the ftp folder to the one you are working on.

As to the built in FTP!
I was happy to see that option and did my last upgrade that way.
Guess what? Things are not the way I thought they are.
I assumed that the installation files are going to be transferred to the system first, then run from there without my computer. Wrong!
The FTP on the system uses the directory on my machine. It makes it slower to load. I was upgrading a three member cluster at the same time, running three FTP servers on the three systems, and they waited for each other to pull the files.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2014, 08:48:54 AM »
One of the things in favour of a third party FTP program like Filezilla is that the program doesn't change much. Quite a bit of difference in using IIS on XP versus W7. Not even sure if or how IIS works in Windows 8. Haven't tried it yet.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10