Author Topic: Secondary Line Key Ring  (Read 2170 times)

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Secondary Line Key Ring
« on: April 01, 2014, 07:58:27 PM »
This question stems from the old Inter-Tel that I upgraded/recreated.

The customer has over-head bells that ring off of analog ports. When the customer service department gets a call, it rings to a hunt group that in turn sets off the bell. The users in the customer service department have a secondary line key, set to 0 rings, that they use to pickup this call.

Right now, if a call comes into that hunt group, the bell goes off and they are able to answer. The problem is if more than one person tries to answer that call. The fastest one will get the call, but the slower of the two, when pressing the secondary line key, will cause the bell to go off again, as they are now calling the bell directly.

They claim this never happened before the recreation/rebuild.

Are they right? If so, how do I prevent this behavior now? Or are they crazy and it always did this?

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Secondary Line Key Ring
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 10:42:45 PM »
The behavior they describe is normal for a secondary call key. Here's an easy solution:

Create a CRA with no greetings that times out to hang up. Create a forward path to this CRA and apply it to the station represented on the secondary call key, immediate/intercom only. If the key is pressed with no incoming call present, the intercom call will be dropped instead of ringing the bells. Hunt group calls will ignore the forward path and ring the bells.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 09:01:22 AM »
DND ON's solution is exactly what I do, except in that CRA I add a recording "this call has already been answered".

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 03:33:29 PM »
You could give them a Station speed dial key that dials 4 then the hunt group number the bell is ringing for.

It won't light but the fact the bell is ringing should alert them, the fastest person will get the incoming call, the second person will get a message saying there is no call to reverse transfer.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10