Author Topic: Forwarding and ringing without VM  (Read 2952 times)

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
Forwarding and ringing without VM
« on: April 01, 2014, 04:02:05 PM »
I have an executive who is out of the office and her phone is forwarded to her assistant.  If the assistant is not there, the phone keeps on ringing with no transition to VM.

If I foward the assistant's phone to VM, the call reverts back to the original recipient's VM, which is actually better than I expected.

However, I can't count on the assistant to remember to forward her phone to VM when she's not there.  Shouldn't the call have reverted back to VM in the first place? 

I would greatly appreciate instructions or directions or links how to correct the initial problem of ringing and ringing. 

Adam in DC

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Forwarding and ringing without VM
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 04:26:00 PM »
A manually forwarded phone will never route to voice mail.

I would create a hunt group that rings the assistant’s phone, then recalls to the appropriate voice mail, Build a forward path with RNA or DND conditions (or both), whatever works for the user.

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 07:40:17 PM »
Thank you.  I'm sure your answer is correct, but I have no idea how to create hunt groups.  Is there a particular page in one of the zillion and one manuals to do with the 5000 that explains it well enough to attempt to do it myself?  Or should I call Mitel and have them walk me through it - hoping to retain the info for the next time?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Re: Forwarding and ringing without VM
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 02:05:48 PM »
Thank you.  I'm sure your answer is correct, but I have no idea how to create hunt groups.  Is there a particular page in one of the zillion and one manuals to do with the 5000 that explains it well enough to attempt to do it myself?  Or should I call Mitel and have them walk me through it - hoping to retain the info for the next time?
There's a manual? :)

Open the programming software, connect and go to hunt groups under System, devices & feature codes, and press F1.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 03:30:15 PM »
We have this for a firm of solicitors, all we do is give them their own System Forwarding path that rings the assistant then the VM extn (2500)

No need to build any Hunt Groups, toggle system forwarding on and off with 354 (default code)

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 03:32:46 PM »
I think most of the folks on this board are Mitel dealers.  I'm one of the few end users / admins.  I'll catch on eventually.

Took me a second to realize that solicitors are what we on the other side of the pond call "lawyers."

Thanks.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10