Author Topic: Night message  (Read 5292 times)

Offline Shieldsy

• View Profile
Night message
« on: March 14, 2014, 05:22:15 PM »
Hi, i'm new to Mitel.  I'm more used to panasonic.  I installed a mitel 5000 hx today.  The customer required a night mode where callers could leave a message.

i tried setting up a phantom extn and forwarding it to voicemail and set the notification to a particular phone.

Is this the best way to go about this?

it also plays mitel prompts before and after the greeting, can these be removed?

One phone also has a message waiting that i cant seem to retrieve.  so the phone is constantly flashing.....any ideas?

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Night message
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 06:13:43 PM »
Not to be rude, but you installed a system that you know nothing about? This is very basic stuff you're asking about.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 12:12:46 PM »
Shiedlsy,

It is unfortunate that you had to install a system that you don't know well enough and I can only imagine how frustrating it can be since the Panasonic and the 5000 have very little in common in terms of how they are programmed. I normally do not tell anyone this, but in your case the F1 key might come in handy on how to understand to the programming fields you are looking at. I am currently in the process of writing a manual for new technicians so they can better understand how to the programming fields work, but that will not be done for a couple of months.

Anyway, to help you out I would need some more specific information on how you have it configured for Night Mode.

The customer required a night mode where callers could leave a message.

Does the call ring in to a Hunt Group, a Phone, an Extension List, a Call Routing Announcement?

i tried setting up a phantom extn and forwarding it to voicemail and set the notification to a particular phone.

Is this the best way to go about this?

That all depends on the scenario you created for the call flow, but in my experience no it is not the best way to handle a call to go to a mailbox.

it also plays mitel prompts before and after the greeting, can these be removed?

I assume one of the promplts you are talking about this prompt? "Your call is being handled by the Mitel voice processing system."

Go to Voice Processor in the left pane and look for Identifcation Prompt in the window on the right and set it to No.

The Identification Prompt flag enables/disables a custom message that identifies the voice processing system. When enabled, this prompt is heard before the voice mail greeting and states,  This prompt will automatically play when outside callers:

Are transferred to a voice mailbox. The ID prompt is played BEFORE the mailbox greeting (primary, alternate, or system) is heard.

Are forwarded to a voice mailbox. The ID prompt is played BEFORE the mailbox greeting (primary, alternate, or system) is heard.

If the flag is set to "No," the identification prompt is not be played before the voice mailbox greeting when an outside caller accesses a mailbox. By default, this flag is enabled.

And if you forget to remove the default Day and Night greeting messages in a Call Routing Announcment it will play the same thing.

Go to Voice Processor > Devices > Applications > {Call Routing Annoucment XXXX} > Day and Night Greetings in the left pane and look for 1     Voice Mail Greeting    4 in the window on the right then right-click once on it and select Remove Selected Items.

Another prompt that most customers do not like is this prompt. "Please hold while your call is being transferred to..."

Go to Voice Processor > Application-Related Information > Auto Attendant Information in the left pane and look for Auto Attendant Prompt in the window on the right and set it to No.

The Auto Attendant Transfer Prompt plays after a caller has entered an extension number that does not have an associated mailbox or extension ID. This applies to transfers from Call Routing Announcement applications that use the Transfer To Extension action

You will also need to go to each Mailbox and Extension ID and set their Auto Attendant Transfer Prompt to No as well. Also while you are at it you may want to consider setting Deliver Hangup Messages (when ANI is available) to No as well. I find that most customers do not want to know someone with this Caller ID didn't want to leave them a message.

One phone also has a message waiting that i cant seem to retrieve.  so the phone is constantly flashing.....any ideas?

When you press the Message Button on the phone what does the display tell you it is from? Regardless you could use the Feature code for Message -- Cancel Current which by default is 368 and that should cancel the first message notification to the phone. Alternately if it is a digital phone you could press the * button when viewing the message.

Hopefully, that gets you a little closer to finishing your installation, and once you answer my questions I should be able to direct you better on how to program the system.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Shieldsy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 04:25:57 PM »
Thanks for your help mate, it's very much appreciated.  I did go on a course around 8 months ago, but as you know it can be difficult putting it in to practice on a live site months down the line.

btw they have analogue lines (CO's)/Loop starts

So originally in the trunk group i sent the call in night mode  to a CRA with the time-out field set to go to a mailbox.

i then changed it to go to a phantom extension which is forwarded straight to voice mail.  The phantom extensions mailbox notifies one of the digital extensions of a message waiting.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 04:29:04 PM by Shieldsy »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 10:37:04 PM »
Shieldsy,

It sounds like you were on the right track with your original idea of creating a CRA (Call Routing Announcement) that calls went to in Night Mode. Instead of creating a Phantom Extension and then creating a Mailbox for that Phantom Extension why not just create a Disassociated Mailbox that will allow you to do the same thing.

Personally, I normally create a Hunt Group as my Operator Answer Point and then create a Mailbox of that Hunt Group which can then be set to Notify any Extension, usually the Operator since they will be the ones checking normally. That way, my inbound calls are on different timers that I can control rather than a single phone and will not follow the system forwarding path of that phone.

Hopefully, that helps you out a little more.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10