Author Topic: new call placed upon hanging up  (Read 6914 times)

Offline WallIT

• View Profile
Re: new call placed upon hanging up
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2014, 07:51:48 AM »
Thanks again for the responses.

Interestingly this happened to me, once, for the first time, just last week. I hung up on a call (replaced the receiver) and my phone immediately dialled the MD of all people! Embarrassing!

My endpoint is the same as my colleague's, 5320. Having just spoken to him again he said it happens very rarely (hasn't happened in weeks) and only dials one of the few people he has a quick dial on his 5320. Now I'm thinking this is all just a case of clumsy fat fingers. I suggested this to him (in a more diplomatic tone) and he said he is sure he is not hitting the buttons. I could easily clear out his quick dials, but this happens so infrequently it would take months to work out if this was the cause.

So about my phone? Well, I have the MD's number as a quick dial too, and pickup and hangup the handset with my right hand, so it's conceivable my knuckles brush the quick dial buttons when I'm replacing the receiver. However, (I'm with my colleague on this) I am sure I am not hitting these buttons by accident. I've had this phone for almost 3 years and this problem only happened once. I'm not doubting we are indeed hitting the buttons by accident, but the buttons are not that sensitive and need a positive press to activate. I just played with the buttons and none are 'loose' or easily activated unless by a positive press.

Now I feel stupid. Happy to 'archive' this topic until I can better prove this problem is not caused by fat fingers.

Thanks.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10