Author Topic: Mitel 5000 and Norstar VoIP Gateway...cant receive calls  (Read 4143 times)

Offline bscott08

• View Profile
Mitel 5000 and Norstar VoIP Gateway...cant receive calls
« on: December 02, 2013, 01:36:36 PM »
I have been working with a tech who is trying to install a Mitel 5000 behind a Norstar VoIP Gateway, connecting to other locations that have Norstars. They can successfully call to the other locations 4 digits, but are unable to receive calls. It does not appear that the Mitel is receiving just the 4 digits dialed. We have the wildcard in the Call Routing table and can direct the calls to one extension, but when the they receive the call, there is no audio either way. We are using the embedded trunk ports, not a SLM-4.

Offline echo3347

• View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 and Norstar VoIP Gateway...cant receive calls
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 10:48:34 AM »
Perhaps this will at least give you an idea that may spark a solution for you!

I experienced a similar issue and resolved by going into the DB, selecting the phone, IP Settings, and changing the NAT Address Type to NAT instead of Native.  Once that setting is changed the audio should work.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 01:54:06 PM »
If the problem is that the calls get in but can't be directed to the right place your trunk group should probably be configured as DISA...it will answer a ringing call and wait for digits as DTMF to tell it an extension.  If the other systems can't send the proper extension you may need to build phantoms for what they do send, then forward each phantom to correct ext .  By the way, it's possible to create manual forwards in DB programming instead of from a phone.  Just go to VIEW/ONLINE MONITOR and open each station, you'll now see an entry for FWD.

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 02:48:38 PM »
I have not connected with a Norstar, but have with a 3300 via SIP.

If you are using a SIP Peer:

SIP Peers/SIP Trunk Groups/Trunk Group Configuration/Day Ring-In Type: Collected Digits.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 02:18:15 AM »
bscott08,

I want to make sure that I am understanding your problem correctly.

"I have been working with a tech who is trying to install a Mitel 5000 behind a Norstar VoIP Gateway, connecting to other locations that have Norstars.....We are using the embedded trunk ports, not a SLM-4."

My understanding of this is that the Norstar VoIP Gateway is connected via SIP/VoIP to the Norstar and connected to the Mitel 5000 via Loop Start Ports [LSM].

Note: SLM-4 is a Single Line Module not Trunk Ports which makes a difference in the solutions provided. Most Gateways are looking for dial tone which the Single Line Ports will emulate, but in this case it seems the Gateway is actually providing the dial tone which means it is most likely a SIP/VoIP to Analog device.

"They can successfully call to the other locations 4 digits, but are unable to receive calls."

The Mitel 5000 uses the Trunk Ports to initiate calls through the Gateway and it works.

"It does not appear that the Mitel is receiving just the 4 digits dialed. We have the wildcard in the Call Routing table and can direct the calls to one extension"

The Mitel 5000 gets the generated ring-in, but is unable to identify where to send the calls.

Note: I am not sure why you are sending Loop Start Trunk calls to a Call Routing Table unless you have a Single Line Adapter modified to accept and convert E&M data if they are trying to send DID information. Now if you are setting the Loop Start Ports to look for Caller ID and then sending them to a Call Routing Table set to look for Outside Party Number then that may work, but I do not know how the Nortel would send the correct caller ID or how the Gateway would be able to create the E&M signaling for DID information. The only real option I see for you with the equipment you currently have told us about is to send all the calls to a single answer point and manually transfer them out or to a Call Routing Announcement that the caller can dial an extension out of.

Note 2: The Mitel 5000 defines Loop Start Trunks on the Loop Start Module (LSM-2 or LSM-4) or Built-in as trunks that seize lines by bridging through a resistance of the Tip and Ring wires of the telephone line when the phone goes off-hook. Analog Loop start trunks support incoming and outgoing calls and the Caller ID feature. This means by default they do not accept other types of calls with the exception of E&M DID through a Single Line Adapter. Basically what I am trying to say is that the Mitel Loop Start Ports are working as designed and have no way to direct calls based off of anything sent by the Nortel on Ring-In.

"but when the they receive the call, there is no audio either way."

This would be an issue with the Norstar programming that you will not be able to resolve with the Mitel 5000 as it is only utilizing Loop Start Trunks or Single Line Ports for its integration; have the Norstar technicians look into the audio issue.

Hopefully that points you in the right direction if I understood everything correctly.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10