Author Topic: Nortel to 3300 not following diverts  (Read 1294 times)

Offline washo

• View Profile
Nortel to 3300 not following diverts
« on: August 15, 2013, 06:24:55 AM »
Hi Guys,

Wonder if anyone can help?

We have an office in US that have a nortel system that is connected to a 3300 (gateway) via Q-sig.

This 3300 is connected to our network of 3300's (mainly in UK & Europe),via IP trunking & we can establish calls to & from the Nortel to any 3300, with no problems.

If a call from a Nortel phone, calls a phone in the UK that has been diverted to their voicemail (external voicemail server by Voice connect) then the Nortel phone gets dead air/silence.

To eliminate that the problem could be the Voice connect server, we diverted a UK phone to another UK phone, both on the same 3300.

When the Nortel called this phone, it got a fast busy tone back.
 With all diverts removed, the calls connect with no problems, so the problem relates to the originating call unable to follow the divert, regardless of where that divert is pointing to!

I have checked the parameters COS etc on the 3300's & nothing seems to be obviously wrong.

We don't have any problems with other calls following diverts from anywhere else on our network, only from the Nortel.

So I am not sure if this is a Nortel/Q-sig problem.

I am not trained on Nortel, so if anyone could shed any light on the above I would be eternally grateful

cheers

Washo

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10