Author Topic: Voice Mail forward to cell phone  (Read 3047 times)

Offline khstechsupport

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Voice Mail forward to cell phone
« on: September 03, 2013, 05:10:20 PM »
Voice Mail on our Mitel 5330 allows us to enter a cell phone # for forwarding under user options. When we try forwarding to an actual cell phone, or any other external #, vm says it is forwarding but everntually returns to the vm greeting. If I enter an in-house extension as the cell # the forward works fine. We need the ability to have vm forward externally to a cell #. Any suggestions?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Voice Mail forward to cell phone
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 12:28:53 AM »
Are you entering an "8" or whatever your Outside Access Code is in front of the number?

Offline khstechsupport

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 11:48:51 AM »
Yes, I am entering the 9 for an outside line. I've looked through a number of old posts, and it looks as though I need to create a Phantom extension then route that to the cell #.

Offline JHFC

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 01:34:27 PM »
I think we need more information. It sounds like you may be using dynamic extension??? Are you wanting the actual call to go to the cell phone or do you want the voicemail box to call the cell phone when there is a new message?

Offline khstechsupport

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 05:50:31 PM »
This involves our night service. When the main line is set to night1 the call is currently transferred to an outside service. We plan to drop the service and have the call transferred to a voice mailbox. I would like to set the cell phone option (2) to give the caller an opportunity to transfer to an on-call cell phone. I actually have this part of the puzzle working now, but I cannot get the line to transfer to the voice mailbox that I plan to use. I set up a speed call number and routed night1 that #, but instead of the voice mail I am expecting I get the operator vm.

Offline khstechsupport

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 05:58:24 PM »
One more thing. I can transfer to the vm # I have set up, but if I set a phone to forward to that # it forwards to the operator.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 06:33:35 PM »
If I was setting this up I would have night routing to a Call Routing Announcement that says Press 1 to leave a message 2 to speak to the on call contact.

1 Routes to a VM Box
2 Routes to a Phantom that has the On Call Mobile set up as a twinned destination

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10