Author Topic: Non-programmable keys  (Read 2701 times)

Offline wilsonjc

• View Profile
Non-programmable keys
« on: March 07, 2013, 04:29:28 AM »
Hi All.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the non-programmable keys on a 5320 (on a 5000 hx)

It seems bizarre that out 11 keys on the beasty only 4 are usable?

John

Offline wilsonjc

• View Profile
Re: Non-programmable keys
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 06:38:17 AM »
Actually sussed this by accident :) if you double click the keymap, it shows the key assignments.

However this throws up a second issue,

How do you set this up for a hot desk?

Offline Mikey0

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 12:51:22 PM »
Wilson,

I've not really toyed with hot desking too much but I am familiar with Phantom, I briefly reviewed the F1 help documentation while I was in my DB programming and gather it's similar to a phantom... kind of and that you'll either need to add a feature key to the keymap to allow hot desking users to log onto hot desk enabled phones. A big note to look at though is whether or not your system is licensed for this which you can check by going to "Software License" at the top of the tree in the left hand pane of db programming, in my case I am not hot desk enabled.

You can pull up the same help file I did by hitting F1 while in DB programming and do a search for "Hot Desking" and you should find the same help section I did. Sorry i can't offer more help!

Offline wilsonjc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 04:36:29 AM »
hi mikey0

not an issue, its only a small site, so we just programmed the phones individually, (its how we have to do it with our other systems anyways).

This one is on the back burner so to speak.

Thanks anyway

John

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10