Author Topic: Mitel 5000 Choppy Calls  (Read 3671 times)

Offline Navara2

• Contributer
  • Laugh at your problems, everybody else does.
    • View Profile
Mitel 5000 Choppy Calls
« on: February 19, 2013, 12:46:00 PM »
Has anyone had this problem, all calls are choppy coming into the office ALL CALLS. Have had T1 card replaced, Carrier has replaced smart jack, carrier has tested the circuit clean up to the CSU and see error at the CSU. The only thing that we have not replaced is the extenion cable from the smart jack to the PBX , but it did test fine!! PLEASE HELP , Thanks
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 07:55:26 PM by ralph »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: 5000 Coppy Calls
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 01:04:23 PM »
Is the choppy audio only on incoming calls on the PRI? Does it occur to certain DID numbers as well? Is the PRI a TDM (traditional telco T1 based) or is it SIP-based (typically a Cisco/Adtran unit converting ethernet to PRI onsite)? What types of phones do you have digital or IP? Do you have these issues on station to station calls?

Offline Navara2

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 03:50:17 PM »
Stand PRI -TDM and it happens on all inbound calls. These are digital set small Cancer clinic. They dont have any issues call station to station verfiied that had them make test calls to me and I could hear every other word real bad reboot the PBX and problem still there.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 05:18:01 PM »
Replace the cable from the smart jack to the PBX.

I would imagine you getting errors like crazy, have you gone into a terminal session and done any Digital Trunk diagnostics? Although it might be irrelevant, the system is rarely the cause, and if it is clean to the CSU then the cable or it's connections are suspect.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 05:59:39 PM »
As long as you actually see errors, this should be pretty easy to troubleshoot.

Start at the PBX and loop up the circuit at each termination point, working back to the smart jack. When the errors go away, you've found the problem area. Could be a bad cable, jack or patch cord.

Offline Navara2

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 Choppy Calls
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 10:01:42 AM »
Okay having a cable vendor out there at 1 to replace the cable from the PBX to the smart jack , if it continues I will try looping everything till I pin point it. Thanks acejavelin , I will let you know the results  :P

Offline Navara2

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 Choppy Calls
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 10:41:38 AM »
FYI ... SO THE SITE CRASHED after a new cable was ran. In fact the problem got worst soon the my cable vendor plugged in the new cable. Ends up that the Carrier rewired the whole circuit from the CO to street and to the building. I also asked them to check the smart jacks firmware which was not correct for the type of PRI they brought in. So it turned out to be a several . carrier issues. Have not heard from the site since the repair was completed. Has the carrier argue with me about making theses changes to the wiring yet they saw a bunch of errors on the circuit and had no explanation for those errors. Sometimes I really hate carriers. Thanks for all your input everyone, I am new to the Mitels and not sure if I like them yet. 8)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10