Author Topic: cluster question for MBGs  (Read 1020 times)

Online thenewguy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
cluster question for MBGs
« on: August 08, 2024, 01:28:38 PM »
I have a system that has a MBG for teleworker, a Micollab server with mivoice border gateway and another MBG for secure call recording.  I have not had to deal with anything cluster related.  Are these considered clustered? they all work with a Mivoice 3300 but do not seem to be connected to each other in what they do (other than teleworker calls being recorded).  The MSL versions  are not the same now and I am upgrading the SRC to 11.6.  Will the others have to be upgraded as well or are the not clustered and do not have to be?    SRC is now at 11.6   teleworker is at 11.0 and micollab Linux 11.0

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: cluster question for MBGs
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2024, 09:37:54 AM »
They are considered clustered if the "Clustering Status" section in the MiVoice Border Gateway application in the MSL Server Manager says they are clustered. Versions within the same major release usually play nice with each other, but you should check the release notes.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: cluster question for MBGs
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2024, 03:29:54 PM »
You might see the MiCollab and MBG clustered, as this allow license sharing and most newer system have teleworker provided via UCC licenses. If you are not, when doing this, make the MBG the master. This makes the newer versions of MBG work with the latest MiCollab. Not the highest MBG though.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10