Author Topic: Microphone and audio not working in MiCollab software on PC  (Read 6405 times)

Offline mlouie

• Contributer
    • View Profile
I installed the MiCollab client for Windows 10 on my laptop but I cannot get the audio working in calls. The audio works for playing voicemails and I can hear calls ringing, but neither the speakers or microphone work once the call is answered. And when I go to the Hardware Settings, the Microphone and Audio are all grayed out. This is true for both the internal speaker/microphone on the laptop and an external headset that I plugged in. The speaker and microphone work fine in other programs on the PC. I tried reinstalling the MiCollab software but that didn't help. Also tried re-creating the softphone on the server and that didn't help. The audio/microphone work fine on another PC for the same softphone number. Just not on this one where I need it. Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 04:06:28 PM by mlouie »

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Microphone and audio not working in MiCollab software on PC
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 02:25:44 PM »
Occasionally I see this and have to go to Softphone Settings > Call Control and pop that drop down box and make any change, then click "OK"

Offline pmhaynes

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2021, 03:30:45 PM »
Device management
MiCollab Client user can now choose what speaker, microphone, and camera devices to use for a MiCollab call from Hardware Settings menu on the footer of the MiCollab for PC Client.
Note: After a MiCollab call, the audio devices will be reset to default devices as selected in your PC's system settings, and the video device will be reset to the default chosen outside of a call.

In Windows 10:
Open Windows Settings,
Select "System"
Select "Sound"
Select "Sound Control panel" (located under Related Settings on the right hand side)
On the Playback and Recordings tabs you have the Audio devices listed and if you here se a green "ball" with a Deskphone hand set icon   then it is this device that will be picked up by the MiCollab client as the default Audio device, if there is no   and just an   icon then that device is selected as both Communication and Default audio device  .

To select the correct device to be used by the MiCollab client as default you right click on the selected device and Select "Set as Default Communication device".
If the menu shown when right clicking the Device do not show any "Set as Default Communication device" then this device is already set as default for this type.

Offline mlouie

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 12:19:54 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, they did not help. You must have a different version of software as there is no Softphone Settings > Call Control. I tried going to Settings, Call Settings, Call Using and changing the dropdown there but that did not help.

As far as the suggestion about choosing the devices from Hardware Settings, I cannot do that because all the devices there are grayed out. And in the Windows 10 sound settings, it already has the correct device set as the default. So there is nothing to be done there. I have tested this with nothing plugged into the laptop, so that only the internal speaker and microphone are present, as well as with an external headset with microphone plugged in. In both cases, all the devices in Hardware Settings in MiCollab are grayed out and do not work in MiCollab, though they work elsewhere in Windows.

Offline bojo387

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2021, 05:36:42 AM »
Mine is also greyed out in MiCollab Hardware Settings but work fine. I can, however, toggle here between default and realtek... But it is the same device for my laptop.

Offline andyberry

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2021, 06:52:39 AM »
The audio options in hardware setting in the MiCollab app are greyed out unless you are on an active call

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10