Author Topic: Loosing Connection on phones seeminly at random  (Read 1242 times)

Offline Whague

• View Profile
Loosing Connection on phones seeminly at random
« on: February 19, 2021, 12:44:20 PM »
Not sure if this is the correct place, but I will lay out the details as I am not certain what is going on.

My company uses VOIP as our primary phone. The phones were use are Mitel Astra's and Polycoms.  We had a local provider, but they were bought out by Jive, who was then bought out by Go To Connect.  After the migration to our new providers was done, a number of the Astra all started having intermittent situations, where they would loose service. This could last anywhere from 5 minutes to over an hour, and was not effected by restarting the device. Our other Poloycom void phones have NOT had these issues.

Yet it could be routing related, as we have a number of the Astra phones, in a number of our Branch offices, as well as head office, but it has seemed only the phones at head office have been having issues. Which really don't make much sense, as each office is connected to the head office.

I don't even know where to start looking.

While we were told the Astra phones were not compatible with our new provider, they still seem to be on GoToConnect supported device list. Not certain if anyone can point me in the right direction in dealing with this?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10