Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Greetings!
I'm attempting to get voicemail forwarding to email working again after a number of changes. It was working last year and stopped at some point in early 2024. My theory is this is related to Google's email authentication requirement changes. Of note is that we purchased an existing installation when we bought our building in October, and the email address for voicemail-to-email was under the old domain until I began troubleshooting in early March. We can't use that email anymore, so I've set up a new account for this purpose.

So far I've tried:
- Updating the email address in System Options to voicemail@mydomain.org, authenticating using an app password, sending to smtp.gmail.com and using port 587.
- Changing the DNS server address on the 3300 CXII controller to our internal AD DNS servers, Cloudflare's 1.1.1.1, and several combinations of these.
- Configured the SMTP Relay service in my Google admin console and changed the email settings to use smtp-relay.gmail.com and port 587. Also tried not requiring encryption and using port 25, as well as not requiring authentication and using port 25.

Checking the logs on the 3300, I see the following:
Software   5692   Error   2024/Mar/21   09:51:22   VPIM   CSMTPClientMsg::ProcessResult - Failed sending Voice Mail to Email: From Vpim: <phonenumber>@<IP Address> To Mailbox: 418 To... [Click to read more]   Main   ipvm_smtpclientmsg.cpp;715
Software   5691   Error   2024/Mar/21   09:51:22   VPIM   CSMTPClientMsg::ProcessResult - DIRECTORY SERVICES returns failure. <0> bytes transferred.   Main   ipvm_smtpclientmsg.cpp;638
Maintenance   5690   Error   2024/Mar/21   09:51:22   VPIM   SMTP server address 'smtp-relay.gmail.com' failed to be resolved or is not reachable.Email was Not delivered.   Main   Maintenance;0

This led me to changing the DNS server addresses, which didn't help. I'm able to ping smtp-relay.gmail.com from the CLI with no issue, which left me confused.

Any ideas? I've got a handful of frustrated users and I'm stumped at this point.
Thanks!
Non-Mitel Chatter / Re: eFax service
« Last post by crazyscout on March 21, 2024, 09:49:22 AM »
Great to hear, I ended up getting our Canon MFPs configured for FAX server which is a direct replacement for regular FAXing. So now the MFPs send an email that gets routed to our XMedius servers whenever an end user is sending a FAX. Process is seamless in terms of user experience except now they don't hear the dialtone and FAX tones as the FAX is establishing anymore which throws people off.
« Last post by lundah on March 21, 2024, 09:13:26 AM »
I've been working with eGoldFax, which was recommended by both my Mitel partner and our managed print vendor. Their pricing was better.

We use Sharp MFP's and they have a web app that replaces the existing Fax application on the machines, so it makes it a simple switch for walk-up send jobs. I'm still in the pilot stage of that rollout, but going well so far.
Introduction and Announcements / Re: Hello from New England
« Last post by ralph on March 21, 2024, 06:34:30 AM »
Welcome! We're glad you're here.

Ralph
SIP On Mitel / Re: 6867i 6.2 Firmware Interesting Issue
« Last post by crazyscout on March 21, 2024, 12:09:39 AM »
Yep tried that as well, still no dice. Phone pulls the config from our server but just 503 on registration but not sending anything out on the network at all for SIP traffic. Was just curious if there is an issue with the 6.2 firmware that is maybe known.
SIP On Mitel / Re: 6867i 6.2 Firmware Interesting Issue
« Last post by bojo387 on March 20, 2024, 11:01:57 PM »
Have you tried factory default and then set back all configurations?
Introduction and Announcements / Re: Hello from New England
« Last post by bojo387 on March 20, 2024, 11:00:07 PM »
Welcome, @crazyscout!
Introduction and Announcements / Hello from New England
« Last post by crazyscout on March 20, 2024, 06:26:13 PM »
Hello everyone,

Just someone that is fairly new to telecom (7 years now which is new compared to a lot of folks I see/work with). I mostly work on VoIP platforms (Broadworks, Adtrans with Asterisk, Genesys Cloud, OneCall) but dabble in some TDM stuff here and there with Pointspan and prior to that a lot of PRI/T1 handoffs from Adtrans to Mitel/Avaya/Nortels. Currently my only exposure to Mitel is that we use their IP phones (68XX series) where I work and we have quite a few of them (5k+)

Good to be here and hope to learn a bit more and talk to some of the people in the industry!
« Last post by crazyscout on March 20, 2024, 05:45:12 PM »
Another vote for opentext. We are running XMedius 9.0 (a bit older at this point and non cloud), it works great and we have been getting rid of our Centrex lines and lines off of our Audiocodes ATAs in favor of transitioning them to Xmedius.
SIP On Mitel / Re: Alarm lines on ATA's
« Last post by crazyscout on March 20, 2024, 05:38:40 PM »
Aren't these just ATAs anyways? We worked with a few companies that offered POTS replacements and it was just ATAs with SIP registrations and a cellular backup, we ended up having the same amount of issues with them so we opted to go back to using Audiocodes ATAs for our elevators/alarm lines and have those working pretty well.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10