Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
no, trunk side recording records all calls over a trunk.

if you want to only record certain stations, then you need to configure MIR for station side recording.

I'm not sure if MIR has any way for the user to "not record" any particular call... Likely there is, via a feature code or something, but I don't know myself.
We are implementing new MIR software in our environment using trunk-side recording. Even then, I was of the understanding that the extension being recorded would have to be in the extension list and once there all external traffic to those station would be recorded.

My coworker thinks there are key prompt the station owner can do to allow or block recording on their extensions, and I don't recall hearing about that in the training.

This is the new non-oasis platform Mitel has gone to, so I'm just beginning to learn it.

jim
I did try a software upgrade a month or so ago as a troubleshooting step for voicemail to email not working and had to roll it back as we didn't have software assurance and the system freaked out about licenses. Could be related... I'll try a restore next week and see what happens as I'm out of town tomorrow and over the weekend.

Side note, if I restore, am I able to upload any voicemail files that exist now that were added after the backup I restore from, or will that break things?

Funny enough, that's the exact situation I ran into. I think the upgrade does something to the existing partition (even though it shouldn't). There's a procedure to just restore the embedded VM out on KMS which worked for me. I wasn't able to figure out a way to restore the messages that were there but not showing as new. I just extracted the raw audio files, converted them in Audacity, and gave them to the customer.
I did try a software upgrade a month or so ago as a troubleshooting step for voicemail to email not working and had to roll it back as we didn't have software assurance and the system freaked out about licenses. Could be related... I'll try a restore next week and see what happens as I'm out of town tomorrow and over the weekend.

Side note, if I restore, am I able to upload any voicemail files that exist now that were added after the backup I restore from, or will that break things?
Mitel Software Applications / SMS opt-in for MiCC SMS media
« Last post by eporro on Yesterday at 05:33:24 PM »
We are currently looking into using SMS to provide support for our customers via Web Ignite.

How are you guys handling keeping track if a user has opted in to receive SMS from your company?
For example, we can say "text us here for support" but since they are initiating the text, how are you complying with the SMS opt-in requirements?
If the person has already opted in how do you check that they have before the agent replies to the person?
Anything change recently? The only time I ever saw that was after a failed upgrade that was rolled back. I had to restore from a backup made before the failed upgrade.
Greetings!
Odd one here. Voicemails can be placed but are no longer being delivered to the mailbox. I can look in /vmail/d/vm/grp/### and see the files but message indicators on desk phones are not illuminating and calling into a user's voicemail results in 'You have no new messages'. I've just tried iPVM_Stop/Start and that didn't make a difference. Help!
You can also set the Telephone Directory entry option "Include in Phonebook" to no, that will remove that entry from the phonebook in case you only want to offer a limited number of entries. Would also work for the 69xx series sets.
I believe you can't disable this feature on 69xx handsets though, so it may depend what model phones you've got.
This will be in your Class of Service Options under the advanced tab for the COS you have assigned to those phones. You may want to copy what you have an create one for "no phonebook" but that's up to you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10