Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Mitel MiVoice Business/MCD/3300 / SDS Faults / Sync clarification
« Last post by rikko on Today at 01:19:31 PM »
Good evening,

I'm looking for clarification please. If I'm trying to manually sync between two admin nodes in a cluster, which way will the synchronization go?

Here's the background, system I'm managing comprises of 4 nodes. I have a bunch of numbers hosted on node #4, with node #3 as a secondary host. When I try to modify users associated to any of these numbers (doing so from a primary host), replication is ok between nodes #2, #3 and #4, but it fails on node #1. As a result, I get multiple users under the same number, on node #1, and as much SDS faults in the process.
I've done the form comparison, and of course a number of users were found to exist only on node #1 (850+ that shouldn't be there). Naturally, I want to initiate sync manually, but it's unclear to me which way the synchronization will go. I don't want to copy these node #1 nonexistent users to other nodes, that's my concern. :) Ideally, I want the system to delete the extra users on node #1, automagically, instead of me going and removing them manually (which also works).

Can anyone clarify this for me please?

Thanks for reading
Introduction and Announcements / Re: Hello World
« Last post by ralph on Today at 01:00:38 PM »
Welcome!

Ralph
Introduction and Announcements / Hello World
« Last post by rikko on Today at 11:40:25 AM »
Hello fellow mitelians,

I hail from around the world, working for a moving hotel. :) My experience is respectable with Ericsson systems, although for a decade now I'm pocking fingers in 3300. Recently, company had downsized, and person who got the boot was the PABX admin. Somebody had to take over, so here I am. Formally educated in telecom, I can find my way around, but out of necessity I must level my game up.

Thank you

MiVoice Office 250/Mitel 5000 / Re: 6940w phones with phone manager
« Last post by lundah on Today at 11:09:43 AM »
You may need updated firmware for the 6940w's, you'd have to check the MCS documentation on how to apply the firmware update.
The engineering guidelines for the MBG on edocs.mitel.com list all of the required ports, as well as recommendations for deploying in a DMZ environment.
As far as I know TFTP is the only transfer protocol supported. In order for malicious firmware to be injected, the TFTP server would have to allow PUT (upload) access, which I don't believe the MBG allows, it allows GET (download) transactions only. In addition, you could block UDP 69 at the firewall which would force using the backup port of UDP 20001.
Yes I did, are they considered the best practice then?
doesn't hackers usually use the tftp protocol to gain access to servers for this case which is the MBG server and why tftp is usually not considered safe to allow through the firewall.
MiVoice Office 250/Mitel 5000 / Re: 6940w phones with phone manager
« Last post by thenewguy on Today at 10:20:38 AM »
I just reread my post, it's a little misleading.   I have a bunch of 6940s working on this system.  However when I try to use the 6940w it will not come up.  I can take a non W phone and it will work on the extension.    I know I had run into a software issue with bringing up W phones on a 3300 system on older software.  I figure this is the same thing. 
I don't... honestly I find the best way to use the MBG is the way it was intended, with two interfaces, one on the LAN and one directly on the WAN. I don't have any customers doing it any other way.

That said, pretty sure the process is well documented that tells you what ports, etc need to be open/mapped... have you checked the docs and knowledge base?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10