Author Topic: VM Tenanting  (Read 1941 times)

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
VM Tenanting
« on: October 01, 2010, 01:54:48 PM »
Is there anyway to trick the users into thinking that their VM is only their VM in a tenanted environment? Maybe "trick" isn't the correct word, but I want to be able to have distinct AA greetings for different tenants. Is there a clean way to do this on the embedded VM? Seems like you should be able to if you can have different MOH options and split the ports up by tenants.

MCD 4.1 SP2

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
Re: VM Tenanting
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 05:04:36 PM »
If you use MLAA and skip the front end you should be able to do this. I have done it in the past by programing up a 'fake' hunt group and rerouting this to vmail. I then create a mailbox with the number and ext of the hunt group and set this to Menu Node. From there create a MLAA.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: VM Tenanting
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 08:55:23 PM »
I did this once with a 200. I had to separate out the voicemail ports, and assign some to each tenant group in separate hunt groups.. Then on say tenants 2 and 3, they had to be set to use alternative greetings instead of the primary greeting sets. My issue with this is that I run out of voicemail ports quickly, couldn't have separate dial-by-names, and couldn't have different day/night auto-attendants.

In general I hate tenanting. I can't ever seem to make everyone happy. Usually they get a PRI to split costs, and then because it's assigned to tenant 1, when any of the other tenants puts a call on hold, they hear the wrong MOH. Same thing for a shared sip trunks. I'd love to hear if someone has a way around these issues.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10