Author Topic: Incorrect Installation of 3300SX by my supplier !!  (Read 2444 times)

Offline chris.rose

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Incorrect Installation of 3300SX by my supplier !!
« on: August 27, 2010, 11:17:06 AM »
Hi,

A couple of questions arising out of an installation done by a supplier which I am sure is not correct.

We have two Sx3300's called xxxx1 and xxx2 at our main site which are configured as a fault tolerant pair, so if xxx1 fails then we fail over to xxxx2 - they work perfectly

We then asked a supplier to replace our very elderly Isdx system at a site nine miles away with a brand new sx3300.

The new sx3300 called yyyy1 is supposed to be clustered with xxxx1 but I don't think it is !!

What is the quickest way to establish if they are clustered correctly - anyone any idea ??

Cheers

Chris

Offline wobbly_head_bob

• View Profile
Re: Incorrect Installation of 3300SX by my supplier !!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 12:56:44 PM »
You don't have SX3300s.  I think, for whatever reason, you're confusing SX2000 and 3300 variety switches.  3300s come in several flavors (AX, MXe, CX, CXi, LX..probably more), but definitely not SX3300...or at least not that I've heard of.  I've been wrong before though...once or twice.  :P

I'm not entirely certain how to tell if switches are clustered, in fact I have a very rude understanding of what it means to be clustered.  However, I'm fairly sure that each switch in a cluster has a unique numerical identifier within the voice network, that unique number is used so that the switches can reliably and more directly route calls in your network without the need of ARS, and the clustered switches update eachother when programming changes are made.  Do you have anything like this in your programming?...I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful, I need to go study up on clustering as I'm just a few months away from clustering my network.  Of 34 switches.  *gulp*   :o
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 01:24:21 PM by wobbly_head_bob »

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 06:37:36 PM »
The easiest way to check if it is in a cluster would be check 'cluster element assignment' there should be an entry for each 3300 in the cluster. Also check 'remote directory assignment' in here you should find the ext number of the sets on sites xxx1 & xxx2.
Out of curiosity what leads you to believe they are not clustered?

Offline chris.rose

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 05:44:24 AM »
Sorry they are all 3300Me's

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 10:50:39 PM »
You don't have SX3300s.  I think, for whatever reason, you're confusing SX2000 and 3300 variety switches.  3300s come in several flavors (AX, MXe, CX, CXi, LX..probably more), but definitely not SX3300...or at least not that I've heard of.  I've been wrong before though...once or twice. 

I thought the "SX" was just short hand for "Sexy".   8)

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10