Author Topic: Fax Server  (Read 783 times)

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
Fax Server
« on: February 22, 2017, 09:19:21 AM »
Morning All -

Have a Multitech fax server, firmware 4.1.2.  6 analog lines coming from the PRI. The setup has worked for years and all of the sudden, it's intermittently missing calls.  I would say it does not pick up on one out of every 4/5 calls.  It's a fax to email server and the 14XX extensions are tied to DID's and a hunt group.  When dialing 1401 internally and it works, the 7060-7065 range picks up.  When it doesn't work, it just rings non-stop and never answers.  What should I look at?  The fax server vendor is saying that everything on their end is working.

Thanks!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Fax Server
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 09:36:24 AM »
Seems odd it just started, usually when I see this it's related to the ring cadence and you have to turn on the COS option External Trunk Standard Ringback Applies (Fax options) and ONS/ONP Internal Ring Cadence for External Callers (Advanced - Miscellaneous Options) in the fax port's COS... But this problem usually occurs right away, not often it is well into it's service life.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Fax Server
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 10:21:12 AM »
What kind of analog lines are you using?  ONS? 

If you're using ONS then the first think I'd look for is SMDR records that show RNA.  I'd be looking to see if I could narrow it down to one port.  If you find one port that has the issue then you can remove it from the hunt group to see if the problem stops.  If it does then you can swap ports around to see if the problem follows the Mitel or follows the Fax server.

If the problem can't be narrowed down to a specific port then I'd set the hunt group to terminal mode.  Have multiple people call in from their desk phones (Or from your own phone with multiple lines)  to use up all the lines and then see if you can find a pattern there.
If you can call the hunt group and recreate where one ports answers and then doesn't answer, put your butt set on that line and see what you hear.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10