Author Topic: Log entries  (Read 1740 times)

Offline rhys.ci.hughes

• View Profile
Log entries
« on: February 21, 2017, 06:22:06 AM »
Hello all

I hope you are all well. Just wondering if anyone has any doc's on what the entries mean in the MCD logs. Over the years I know a few to watch out for but most don't seem to make any sense really.

The one I want to understand is "IGMP -  bad igmp header checksum". I can see pages of entries in the logs so wondering what or is causing this error. Phones seem to randomly drop out and come back up and all I can see is the IGMP error and a port down error.

Thanks in advance

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Log entries
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 08:45:14 AM »
I have never seen a document that explains the logs on the 3300... if you find one, let us all know.

Other than that, not sure I can be much help... that is a new one to me, but seems it is clearly a network issue and not a phone system issue since the phones and system don't use IGMP to my knowledge (don't confuse it with ICMP, which is for ping), the Mitel is just telling you it sees something wrong. I would go back to the customer's network people.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: Log entries
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 08:19:43 PM »
Have a closer look at the logs and see if you can find the multicast IP address that is causing this error.
If you can, you're probably more than halfway towards solving it: most often, live multicast IP addresses belongs to a particular vendor where they are built-in to appliances or applications and turned on by default to do stuff under the hood that most people aren't aware is going on. So google the address and if it is, for example, a Cisco address, you can tell your network people to fix their routers.

I have once been in a situation where one vendor's multicast IP address (3COM) was causing a really weird but catastrophic failure on a different vendor's equipment (HP Procurve).

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10