Author Topic: Mitel 3300 - Rings before pickup  (Read 1898 times)

Offline Gibby916

• View Profile
Mitel 3300 - Rings before pickup
« on: January 26, 2017, 09:44:18 AM »
Hello,

I am quite versed with networking but by no means an avid VOIP / telephony individual so my apologies for more than likely asking the wrong questions or not providing the correct information necessary in my first post. I most certainly did first search the forums and found some similar topics but nothing that addressed this particular issue or provided resolution. (my apologies if it is out there and I simply missed it).

We have a Mitel 3300 CX-II running MCD 6.0 SP3 with five analog trunks coming in. The issue I am looking to resolve is that any incoming call will ring four times prior to the call being picked up by the Mitel controller. I have formulated this opinion as I can watch incoming calls using Time Warner Cable's Voice Connect tool and make a call to any of the five lines and it will show up on my computer and will ring on my cell phone four times. As soon as the fourth ring completes the caller is greeted by the Auto Attendant (voicemail box with configured digit options) and the call shows as answered at that same time on the Voice Connect tool.

I have been told by the installer that this excessive ringing is due to having analog lines rather than digital. I contested this and was then told that the Mitel controller is waiting for the caller ID information to come through (which I could see one to maybe two rings for). I have also been told that it must be class of service options associated to the 'Call Forward No Answer Timer' and 'No Answer Recall Timer' however even with adjusting these values on the appropriate Class of Service I have seen no change in this ringing behavior.

I believe that I have a good understanding of the call flow however would happily provide additional data as necessary. If anyone could please provide me some ideas of what to look into to resolve this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 3300 - Rings before pickup
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 09:49:13 AM »
I have been told by the installer that this excessive ringing is due to having analog lines rather than digital. I contested this and was then told that the Mitel controller is waiting for the caller ID information to come through (which I could see one to maybe two rings for).

That is the problem.  You're not getting caller ID from the carrier.  It can be resolved via changing something in the Class of Service.  You need to disable "ANI/DNIS/ISDN Number Delivery Trunk" in the COS the trunks are using.  You can find the COS in the Trunk Attributes form.

Ralph

Offline Gibby916

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 10:09:10 AM »
Ralph - This resolved the issue, thank you. Again with my limited knowledge, with setting the 'ANI/DNIS/ISDN Number Delivery Trunk' to 'No' caller ID still comes through. Is this expected behavior? Will changing this to 'No' have any other effects?

Thank you for your knowledge and quick response.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 03:11:28 PM »
All it does is tell the system not to expect caller ID from the trunks.
If the carrier was sending you caller ID then this would have worked without an issue.

Ralph

Offline Gibby916

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 03:24:46 PM »
Thank you Ralph.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 04:34:50 PM »
Ralph - This resolved the issue, thank you. Again with my limited knowledge, with setting the 'ANI/DNIS/ISDN Number Delivery Trunk' to 'No' caller ID still comes through. Is this expected behavior? Will changing this to 'No' have any other effects?

This option is for digital trunks only, if you read the help file it tells you not to turn it on. On T1 this will make it wait for *ANI*DNIS call info. For Class, I think it is controller within the descriptor as to whether it looks for the FSK info after the first ring.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10