Author Topic: Am I alone or is Mitel documentation that hard to find???  (Read 1275 times)

Offline MStepan

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Am I alone or is Mitel documentation that hard to find???
« on: November 17, 2016, 12:59:19 PM »
Hello all, I'm not sure how to start, but it seems like every time I do just about anything with our Mitel CP5000 system, I need help. OK, that part's on me. Learning as I go. But, searching the internet I am struggling constantly to find documentation that's helpful. The specific example: Performing Self-Programming on an 8622 IP Phone. I can't even seem to locate how to navigate the menu, keys, etc. Never mind the settings that I'm supposed to be making. When I search on the internet, it seems like the same (unhelpful) PDFs just keep showing up. THIS is the only place where it seems like I'm able to locate any answers.

So ... I guess I'm asking for 2 things:

1) If you know how to navigate the self-programming on an 8622 phone, I'm basically trying to get it working OUTSIDE our LAN, which means using the system's NAT IP, but when I get into program mode, I think I have to clear the static IP (but can't get past the screen once I wipe the entry), etc.

2) If you know where there are GOOD manuals for administrators (CP5000, ~50 85xx, 53xx phones, a couple of which are INSIDE and soon there will be a couple OUTSIDE the LAN), I'm spending what seems like way too long searching for answers.

Thanks in advance!

Mark

Offline pexecutone

• View Profile
Re: Am I alone or is Mitel documentation that hard to find???
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 02:00:36 PM »
To be honest, I used trial and error in what buttons are used for moving forwards and backwards for the 86xx. Once the IP is wiped you should be able to enter numbers in through the dial pad.

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 03:44:59 PM »
I found this link on You Tube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTTmdOdgeR0

Jim

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 08:35:23 PM »
Mitel is very good at protecting their intellectual property and dealer network. They do offer end user training, both online and in person, that your dealer can arrange.

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 09:10:16 PM »
Don't forget the port forwarding on the system side you need to accomplish to be able to have remote set. The sets need to point to the WAN IP of the system network. If the system is a member of a dynamic network with a varying WAN...you are screwed...

Jim

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10