Author Topic: MiVB Internal Twin to Algo 8180  (Read 812 times)

Offline CLI_ninja

• Contributer
    • View Profile
MiVB Internal Twin to Algo 8180
« on: August 21, 2018, 02:26:46 PM »
I'm trying to get an Algo 8180 SIP Ext that is my overhead ring device to ring when the 6920 desk phone rings.  What is the best way to do this.  The SIP 8180 is registered and rings when I call it's extension.  However, I set up a MDU with the base phone and twinned ext.  Enabled External HD, no Prefix and the number field is the internal extension number of the SIP device.  This does not work.  I've verified that the base and twin are in the same MDUG.  Any help would be appreciated.  The Algo 8180 is just a Generic SIP device in the MiVB.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: MiVB Internal Twin to Algo 8180
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 08:53:31 PM »
Whenever I've had people tell me they want ringers setup, we've always found they didn't need them after all, so I've never done it, however I had always planned the ringer as being part of a standard Ring Group, not an  MDUG.
What happens if the twinned EHDU device has a normal external number in it, that the DiD form translates to the ringer number?

Offline CLI_ninja

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: MiVB Internal Twin to Algo 8180
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 12:15:39 PM »
I was able to get this working.  I built a TWINNED EXT as X*XXX as part of the HDUG.  Made it MultiDevice and Generic SIP.  In the Algo I put the X*XXX as the extension and the SIP credentials defined.  Now, when I call the extension XXXX, both XXXX and X*XXX ring. 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10