Author Topic: Mitel 5000 (MiVoice Office 250) CPU Upgrade  (Read 4383 times)

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Mitel 5000 (MiVoice Office 250) CPU Upgrade
« on: July 13, 2016, 12:20:59 PM »
Hello Fellow Mitel 5000 Techs,
I attempted a CPU upgrade via USB (From 6.0.9.61 to 6.1.4.57), I've only done one CPU ever and am trying to recall the procedures. It is an HX Cabinet with a 2GB CF card.

Steps taken:
1) Obtain a copy of the MiVoice Office 250 database (Full Backup)
2) Using the MiVoice Database Utilities, test for errors, make corrections if any and convert to newest version.
3) Using the LCD Panel on the front, performed the USB upgrade (Front LCD Panel on the HX Cabinet said "USB Upgrade Successful".
4) Using the LCD Panel again, checked the version number, still read as the old version.
5) Shutdown cabinet and restarted, checked version again, still read as old version.

Not really sure what I am missing here, After reading documentation on upgrading, it said something about obtaining a "License" from AMC, though I don't recall ever doing that for the previous upgrade that I did. I'm sure I'm just missing a step or two here.

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Mitel 5000 (MiVoice Office 250) CPU Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 03:40:00 PM »
When changing major versions, like 6.0 to 6.1, a new license key is required... When a minor upgrade, like 6.0.7.51 to 6.0.9.57, this does NOT require a new license  key.

As far as upgrades go, I never do it that way... I just backup for safety and use TFTP64 and the web page to upgrade. I have had issues with USB upgrades not working properly, or failing entirely. TFTP always works.

Offline jmorgan121

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 09:23:55 PM »
Did you copy the individual files to the USB drive, or just drag the folder. I've had problems with just dragging the folder. Unzip the folder, navigate to SystemSoftware/6_1_Sys_Software and drag individual files to USB.

acejavelin is right on the money. You will need a new license. I learned this the hard way.

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 11:31:36 AM »
Hey Guys,
Thanks for the replies! That explains why I didn't have to license upload on the one previous upgrade I did. Now, do you upload the license before or after you perform the upgrade? I also noticed this in AMC:

So, would I click on "Update" before or after my actual update?

Thanks,
-Iron
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 11:36:51 AM by irongladiator »

Offline jmorgan121

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 04:40:53 PM »
After the upgrade.

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 07:33:55 PM »
After the upgrade.

Hi jmorgan,
I'm assuming your response is to both questions, yeah? Also will try to create one folder on the root of the USB with just the 6_1_Sys_Software_NA contents in it.

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline jmorgan121

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 09:49:08 PM »
I think you're actually looking for a 6.1 license if I read your post correctly. Once you push the 6.1 to the ICP, you will get a license error. You can load a database, but the system will reset every 4 hours until you upload a valid license. In other words, the license shouldn't prevent you from upgrading to a new version, it just won't be valid anymore. Go ahead and get your license updated to the correct version and upload it after you upgrade system software.

Try dragging just the files like I posted earlier and the USB upgrade should be successful but give you the license error.

I might be wrong, but that has been my experience. Just upgraded from 6.0 to 6.1 a week ago and that is how it went for me.

Offline magnus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2016, 11:47:11 AM »
I always do my upgrades using the USB and have never had an issue.
Make sure that the folder is on the root of the USB (MiVoice_Office_250_6_1_SP_1_GA_NA)
There should be 2 subfolders in this one (6_1_Prompts and 6_1_Sys_Software_NA)
Then do your upgrade from the LED. Do the prompts one first. This will complete and seem like it did nothing.
Then do the software upgrade second. This will cause the system to do a full reset and if it requires a new license it will go into the typical license error.

Then go to AMC and upgrade the license and load it as usual.

Hope this helps.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2016, 09:01:14 PM »
irongladiator,

Hey bud I had this issue a few years back and it ended up being that not all of the files upgraded successfully even though the front display said that it did. Go to the system webpage and then look at the packages and to the right of them they should show what version they are at and if there were any issues with them upgrading successfully.

I had to end up reloading the original version and then upgrade the system again with a new load. In the end I think it would of been easier to just get a new Compact Flash and move the license over to it then to deal with a Compact Flash that may or may not have issues later on. I believe that the site I was dealing with had to have the compact flash replaced due to other issues later on and it corrupted the database.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10