Author Topic: Trunks and TW users?  (Read 2106 times)

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trunks and TW users?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2016, 10:30:00 AM »
We just had a new system installed and our installer and their engineers said the same thing.  I told them if that is the case then they owe me 2 more MGB's.  So now I have 2 MGB's at the main office, one for for SIP TRUNKS, the other for Teleworker and acting as the web proxy.  Then 2 in the backup office with the same configuration.  Only thing they ran into is issues with the trunks on the 2 MGB's in the same cluster.  Once they were separated all worked fine.

Don't know what to say. Unless you have very unique/odd setup, you can run trunks and TW sets and do call recording and web proxy all on the same MBG. And clustering is supported for all this. For sip trunks, you need to obviously configure the mcd and the sip trunking provider to support resiliency via the backup MBG's.. but it works fine.

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2016, 10:32:05 AM »

Offline Navarre

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2016, 08:35:25 PM »
We just had a new system installed and our installer and their engineers said the same thing.  I told them if that is the case then they owe me 2 more MGB's.  So now I have 2 MGB's at the main office, one for for SIP TRUNKS, the other for Teleworker and acting as the web proxy.  Then 2 in the backup office with the same configuration.  Only thing they ran into is issues with the trunks on the 2 MGB's in the same cluster.  Once they were separated all worked fine.

What issues did they run into? The only reason to spread out these services is redundancy and load balancing.

How many TW users do you have? How many channel licenses for the trunks? If they're low traffic then you can absolutely put them on the same box. A cluster of 2 will at least provide some high availability though.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10