Author Topic: 3300 system 5312 handset calling group setup help  (Read 3095 times)

Offline armstr_a

• View Profile
3300 system 5312 handset calling group setup help
« on: May 10, 2010, 03:34:29 AM »
Hi,

Im new to the system and would like some basic advice on setting up the following if possible.

I have 1 directory number that is going to be advertised externally i want when a user calls this number for it to bounce between 3 other phones that are internal number only due to lack of DN's available from BT.

The extra numbers are purely for staff to take calls i would be grateful if someone could give me a basic step by step in configuring this.

Appreciate any help

Thanks

Offline Mitel100

• View Profile
Re: 3300 system 5312 handset calling group setup help
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 03:51:49 AM »
Ther are a few ways in which you could do this, such as:

ACD Express
Ring Groups
Hunt Groups

I would say that the best option is ACD Express. But the easiest option to configure would be ring groups. The reason I say this is that yes Hunt Groups are really easy to set-up you do not get queuing, but with Ring Groups you do and there is no need to set-up any agents, just use your existing extensions.

You can either, point your DDI number to the new Ring Group, or delete your phone which has the DDI number on and then create the Ring Group with this number.

However, if you want to experiment with all three options, then I would just forward the calls.

I hope this helps

Offline armstr_a

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 05:52:24 AM »
Thanks for your help. I have created a ring group and dropped the 3 extensions into it, have set it up to cascade. Im not sure how i setup the rest now. If i dial the group number i set up it works as i would like but how do i get it working so that if anyone externally calls the primary ext number then the cascading works? as at present it only works if i dial the group number?

Hope this makes sense!

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 01:17:41 AM »
  Where does the DID go now?  In a greenfield deployment I'd probably either set the ring group to the DID digits - or if that doesn't work for some reason, use a system speed dial.

-Chak

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10