Author Topic: IP Trunk dropping and losing calls  (Read 2875 times)

cornduke

IP Trunk dropping and losing calls
« on: February 09, 2010, 10:51:44 PM »
I have a customer that has 2 SX200 connected by fiber.  There is no copper at Site B, so calls going out and coming in travel across the IP Trunk to Site A.  Calls to Site B are dropping daily and seem to always happen between 12 noon and 1 PM.  However, it does occasionally happen at other times.  Anyway, I am the data vendor and I have put a monitoring system in place to troubleshoot the problem.  It is a 10 MB fiber link between the sites and bandwidth utilization never gets above 20%.  The data traffic never goes down as I have a continous ping going between sites that doesn't drop.  I'm monitoring switch ports and the router interfaces and nothing ever goes down.  The phone vendor shows mea log that just says IP Trunk down and then IP Trunk up.  We are not using any QoS or VLANs since this as a relatively simple network.

Any ideas??

Thanks!!

yprades

Re: IP Trunk dropping and losing calls
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 02:05:28 PM »
You must see the SX200 system logs to get more information, you must also check the trunk coonfiguration may be between 12.00 noon and 1.00 pm all your trunk are busy and no more calls can be placed, in this case purchase more licenses for IP trunks (30 is the maximun in a SX200 system)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10