Author Topic: show where extensions are used.  (Read 2338 times)

Offline doctora

• View Profile
show where extensions are used.
« on: April 05, 2010, 05:46:15 PM »
I recently took over a Mitel phone switch.  My background is Avaya.  I am stating this so if I don't use the right terms you will hopefully understand why.

Is there a way to show all the places an extension is currently located?  What other phones it is currently bridged onto.  What cover paths or pickup groups it is a part of.

Thanks
Mark

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: show where extensions are used.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 08:27:08 AM »
I'm not quite sure what you mean by where they are located.  Is the question what desk they sit on or where they are in the PBX?

There aren't any comment fields where someone could enter free form text comments that someone could say "phone is on floor 2 SW corner"  or anythnig like that.  (Note to Mitel:  Why aren't you doing that? ) 

If you're looking for the phone in the PBX, you can go to maintenance and enter "locate extension <exten>" and it will show you what PLID (physical location ID) it is.   Not much good for IP phones but if your running digital or analog it indespensible.

A couple of other forms you can check out "Device Attributes" or in older software "change attributes assignment" form.   This will show you any pick up groups, hung groups etc the phone may be in.

Another form would be "Multiline set group assignment".   It will show you any extensions a number appears on.

Hope that helps and welcome to the Mitel world.

Ralph
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 08:13:51 AM by ralph »

Offline doctora

• View Profile
Re: show where extensions are used.
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 12:24:02 PM »
I am using Mitel Communications director release 4.0 SP2

I found the "change attributes assignment" form and that is part of what I am looking for.

I think the "Multiline set group assignment" form is the other part but I cant locate the form?

We have 4015 and 4025 along with analog phones.  We will be installing our first IP phones in about a month.

Thanks
Mark

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10