Author Topic: Forwarded call drops after 10 minutes  (Read 7590 times)

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Forwarded call drops after 10 minutes
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2015, 09:52:02 PM »
Okay, so the only difference does appear to be internal and external.

TE, the only other timer I can think of at 10 minutes is the Abandoned Call timer, but that shouldn't apply here.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2015, 10:19:38 AM »
Akuhn & DND ON,

The only timers that should affect it you have already changed. The Abandoned Call timer shouldn't even come into play or some of the calls would have been picked up by the users attendant.

At this point I would look more at the software version as an issue since it isn't working as expected. This is assuming that it is setup correctly.

What happens if you forward a call instead of using DEE?

Thanks,

TE

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2015, 11:10:02 AM »
I stopped using Forward since I preferred DEE, but I will test it at my next opportunity.

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2015, 03:25:27 PM »
I put in a ticket with Mitel and I shared my screen with them and it was indeed the Abandon Call Timer.  We changed it from 10 Minutes to 120.  The call actually dropped while I was with the tech!  I was away from my desk when I took the call on my cell.  So, we initiated another call and went past 11 minutes and determined that we fixed it.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2015, 03:32:07 PM »
Akuhn,

Really, did they explain why that timer came into play during a DEE call? I have never had to change that timer for any reason and it would be good to know why it came into play.

Thanks,

TE

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2015, 03:35:07 PM »
He said that an external call coming into an extension twinned with a mobile phone is seen by the system as an abandon call - probably because of lack of noise.  He also demonstrated that that timer section is sortable by columns.  So you can sort by number and look for 10 - and that was the only thing that had 10 minutes.

I know that answer may not have all the details you're looking for, but I willing to just accept it - especially since it seemed to resolve the issue on the first test.

Hope this helps.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10