Author Topic: How to make an IP phone that works REMOTELY also work from INSIDE the office  (Read 4844 times)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
MStepan,

So, let's step through this a little at a time and see if we can't figure out where the boggle is.

When you start up the phone hold down keys 7 & 8 at the same time and go into its configuration; just like you have been doing.

List all the settings that you have in the phone and what they are set for. For IP Address just put something like LAN IP, Public IP, or System IP depending on what it is.

Thanks,

TE

Offline MStepan

• Contributer
    • View Profile
When I boot the phone, here's what I see:

STATIC IP: 192.168.200.201
DEFAULT SUBNET: 255.255.255.0
DEFAULT GATEWAY: 192.168.10.254 (this works with 0.0.0.0 as well)
REMOTE IPC IP: 192.168.10.5 (Current Processor Module IP Address; an external IP is required when OUTSIDE the office)
REMOTE UDP PORT: 5567
REMOTE TCP PORT: 5566
PASSWORD: **********
TFTP SERVER URL: 192.168.200.202
ENABLE DHCP?: YES
PHONE VLAN ID: 0
PC PORT VLAN ID: 0

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
MStepan,

Alright, so the Gateway can be default as it doesn't look at that so you can leave it at 0.0.0.0 for either configuration [Internal or External] as it should get its information via the DHCP Server.

The Remote IPC IP should always remain the Public IP Address and it then should get the Internal from the request during the Auto NAT negotiation.

My assumption is though that it would put you right back where you were when you started this thread; is that correct?

Thanks,

TE

Offline MStepan

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Yes, pretty much.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
MStepan,

What does the display say when it is setup that way and can't connect to the system?

Thanks,

TE

Offline MStepan

• Contributer
    • View Profile
See attached pics ... It sits most of the time on "Finding IP ..." then displays "Local IP Card Addr Invalid".

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
MStepan,

Alright, as of right now I know I have this working at a site and I will need to figure out which one it is and then look at it. In the meantime just change the IPC IP Address manually to get it working.

Sorry,

TE

Offline MStepan

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Absolutely no need to apologize TE ... I appreciate your time and effort. Even UNSUCCESSFUL attempts lead to further understanding. I'd be happy to send additional info from our system's config, although I'm not sure that level of info should be posted to a public forum ... The change required to "convert it" from internal to external (or VV) are NOT onerous. I'd just prefer to NOT have users doing that type of thing (I know I'm sort of preaching to the choir ...).

Thanks again. Mark

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10