Author Topic: Software Assurance  (Read 5153 times)

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Software Assurance
« on: November 09, 2008, 10:08:52 PM »
I have customer who's 3300 is out of warranty. They want to upgrade to 9.0 from 7.1. We called and were told that all they needed to do was purchase software assurance, we apply it to their AMC record, and they'd be good to go. However, when I try to apply it to their AMC record, it returns the following error: " 1 Failed due to - Assignment Error - This product requires active ('Access to all 3300 software versions','3300ICP Re-enlist') settings(s)"

Anyone ever see this, or was customer/pre-sales support wrong about what we had to do?

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Software Assurance
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 10:31:19 AM »
Aren't there two different p/ns for software assurance, one is normal and the other is re-enlist? I believe the latter is a little higher, I guess a penalty for having it expire.
Just a thought, I have never seen this personally.

gomaze

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 10:59:40 AM »
It may also be because they are trying to go from a 7 build to 9.  AMC may require you to go to 8 and then 9.  It also may happen because 9 (ur1 i think) requires a possible upgrade to equipment, depending on the 3300 model.

It should also be noted that I have never used AMC as I am not a vendor but a "non trained client".

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 11:45:03 AM »
You may upgrade directly to rel 9.0 from releases as old as 6.0, so this will not be the issue.
Rel 9.1 will require the hardware upgrade, if Mitel holds to true form there will be at least four intermediate releases of 9.0 before then.
The best thing to do is call Customer Support at 1-800-796-4835, you will need the App ID and possibly the p/n of the software ass.

Offline dutch_tuga

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 06:05:56 AM »
It's true what Mattmain wrote. When the software assurance expires you need the reassurance to reactivate it. This license is a bit more expensive than the normal software assurance one.

When you use the reassurance license, the software assurance will renew for another year. This means that you don't need to buy the software assurance next to it.

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 08:50:38 PM »
  Also note that you MAY not have to get new hardware even for 9.1 - what controller do you have?  The old style MX needs a new box as do some of the LX series - but newer MXe's already have the needed ram and the CX's can be upgraded.  What are you running?

-Chak

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 11:23:31 PM »
The issue ended up being that we purchased the wrong type of software assurance. We hadn't realized that their were too types, didn't scroll down far enough, so bought the regular software assurance. Turns out we needed the re-enlist one. Were able to trade it in and get the right license. Everything went after that.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10