Author Topic: Invalid DIDs  (Read 4120 times)

Offline thesavo

• View Profile
Invalid DIDs
« on: May 06, 2015, 01:43:24 PM »
Inter-Tel Axxess 9.009 - Does this qualify?

I have a user at one of our sites complaining that "unassigned" external DID's, ring "ALL Extensions" when they are called by an outside party.
I presume that these are DIDs that are set to NONE in the Call Routing Table > 1.  Since all other patterns are going to their proper extensions

Example.
Pattern 1234 is set to a Ring-in Destination of NONE.

Question: Is there any way to change the default behavior of these DID patterns when they are set to NONE?  My thought is that they are going to a STAR Application. I would prefer not to have to change all the available DID patters to ring-in to a specific extension. 
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 01:47:51 PM by thesavo »

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Invalid DIDs
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 02:51:34 PM »
They route to the primary attendant if no ring in destination is specified.

Offline thesavo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 04:19:51 PM »
OK, so I checked Primary Attendants section.  It has the Primary Attendant Station set to extension 100 and the Local Attendant station set to NONE.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 04:26:02 PM »
You could build a CRA, remove the greetings, and leave the Timeout Action as Hangup... Route all unused DID's to that CRA. If they do not have a EVMC or VM server, just remove the unused DID's from the table.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 06:36:09 PM »
Thesavo,

Here is what I would do in order to find and fix the problem.

1. call one of the DIDs that are set to none and see where it rings. As DND ON has previously stated it should ring to the Primary Attendant.
2. Look for a + or E within the DID range and see where it rings to. These calls may not been sending Digits for us to route or they are sending digits we don't have a listing for.
3. You can setup a wildcard type entry after all the used entries and send those calls to one location.

Example for 3. Let's say my DID range is 3400-3499 and I am using the first 40 DIDs. My next entry after 3440 would be 34(41-99), or 34XX, or + depending on how I am feeling that day; I usually keep the + and E at the end and send them to the main answer point depending on whether the system is in day or night and use the wildcards for easy number manipulation. Any one of those will work to match any DID sent. So, since when a call comes in it starts at the top of the list and works its way down until it finds a match that will work and then sends the call there as any one of those patterns would work for the DID range from 3441-3499. That way you only have one entry to worry about and if someone else needs a DID then just move that DID above your catch all and you can carry on as usual since the rest of the DIDs match up with the wildcard which is the next pattern. Don't forget that you can also put in blank spaces by not putting in a pattern and it will be ignored; this allows for easy reading when going down the list you know when the wildcard comes in and patterns after that are ignored.

Thanks,

TE

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 09:06:11 PM »
I have a CRA that says "You have reached a non-working number", then drops the call. Any inactive DIDs are routed there.

Offline thesavo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 11:49:27 AM »
I think there may be a programming issue or group ring issue.

I just had my on-site user call extension 100.    Extension 100 is the listed as the primary Attendant station.    When extension 100 is called from an on-site phone all the office phones rings.  So it looks the CRA is setup right, and somehow when extension 100 is called (ckt 01:02:01:01) all the phones ring.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 12:30:48 PM by thesavo »

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2015, 01:06:40 PM »
Ext 100 is forwarded to a hunt group.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2015, 09:26:02 AM »
Ext 100 is forwarded to a hunt group.
This is quite possible... to the OP: this is a very common procedure to allow the "main number" to be forwarded manually when necessary (only extensions can be forwarded, hunt groups cannot), calls are routed to an extension then forwarded to a hunt group, and since a hunt group itself cannot be forwarded the original extension can be part of the group, the call is then forwarded to a hunt group via system forwarding. This can be done as part of the System Forwarding for x100 or manual forwarding of the extension.

Offline thesavo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2015, 02:52:03 PM »
What should I do to test?  We have only one Hunt group. HG2000, and it has only 1 member, Ext101

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2015, 03:08:40 PM »
Thesavo,

What does it show on the display when the phones are ringing after someone dials extension 100? This may be a case of someone creating 100 as a secondary extension on every phone, but that would be an odd solution to an unknown problem; unless it was just a copy/paste mistake.

There are other ways to ring multiple phones, but it would include what some would call "fancy" programming if it isn't done with a Hunt Group and/or an Extension List.

Thanks,

TE

Offline thesavo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2015, 03:14:36 PM »
On a hunch I did a Detail station report and for this extension, under station information> Attendant stations, all of the office extensions are listed.

In programming there is an extension list PP052 that contains all of the office extensions?  What is the feat code to check for forwarding?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 03:17:44 PM by thesavo »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2015, 04:02:27 PM »
Thesavo,

The feature code could be something other than default, but to manually forward all calls it would be 355 to turn it on and off. If you want to look at System Forwarding the feature code to turn it on and off would be 354.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10