Author Topic: Using An Analog Media Gateway with a 3300  (Read 3919 times)

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
Using An Analog Media Gateway with a 3300
« on: April 18, 2015, 08:59:55 AM »
Hey guys -

Yesterday, my company and I moved a site of ours and our phone vendor failed to move 2 POT lines like they said they would.  These two lines are vital to this location so I need them up and running by Monday.  I went and purchased an AudioCode Analog Media Gateway and configured it at home.  Model number is MP-112.  I won't be on site until tomorrow so I cannot test it until then.  I think I have the basics done but feel like I will slowly find random issues with it that won't allow it to work. 

There is no 3300 at this location...It is a branch that communicates to the 3300 in another building, a couple miles away.  I first had both numbers forwarded to two DIDs that my company does not use.  I then will take those DIDs and use the system speed calls to forward to the proper numbers that I setup in the AudioCodes device.  I changed various things with SIP settings and COS.  Am I missing any of the basic settings for this to work?  Is there another way of doing this?

Thanks for your help

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Using An Analog Media Gateway with a 3300
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 05:36:27 PM »
I think you are doing the bandaid the way I would. You didn't say what the are used for, only vital. If 911, may not be the best approach. Fax over it may not work also, don't know the trunking at the site they hang off of.

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 11:40:16 AM »
I think you are doing the bandaid the way I would. You didn't say what the are used for, only vital. If 911, may not be the best approach. Fax over it may not work also, don't know the trunking at the site they hang off of.

Johnp, thanks for replying.  It is for a fax line and credit card machine.  We have this same setup at a different location and the fax works fine.  Problem is, the vendor set all of it up and I have very little knowledge in this area.  I followed a MOL document to T and couldn't get it to work.  I have the SIP device communicating with the 3300 but when calling the DID that points to this SIP device, it gives me "This is not a working phone number".  The other location we have this at is setup exactly the same way.....  DID off of our PRI that's setup in the SIP device.  I know I am missing something but cannot figure it out.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 01:04:03 PM »
If you can call it from an extension, it should work. Have you tried using a know working DID temporarily as a test? How are the DID's handled? Do they match or are they altered via speed call table or other service?

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 03:20:49 PM »
If you can call it from an extension, it should work. Have you tried using a know working DID temporarily as a test? How are the DID's handled? Do they match or are they altered via speed call table or other service?

Johnp-

The DID that works is 1430, the one that doesn't is 2656. I call 1430 and the fax line picks up. I call 2656 and the system says it doesn't exist. This looks to be the cause of the problem. Where would I look at compare the settings for 1430?  I looked in Direct Inward Dial form and don't see 1430 anywhere. I also checked System Speed Calls and it's not listed.

Thanks

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 07:51:27 PM »
Are you saying that you changed 1430 to point to this ne sip device and it works? If so, maybe 2656 isn't setup by the carrier correctly.

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2015, 07:57:56 PM »
Are you saying that you changed 1430 to point to this ne sip device and it works? If so, maybe 2656 isn't setup by the carrier correctly.

No...

I dialed 1430 from my Mitel extension and it routed to the other SIP device and rang into the fax machine.  I then did the same thing with the 2656 DID but that doesn't route anywhere.  Pretty much have given up because everything is setup exactly the same way but will not work.  Must be missing something.  Thanks for your help

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 09:03:52 AM »
How is the DID routed? Is that DID [2656] definitely part of a block set up on the PRI? Sounds to me like teh DID is not routed on the Mitel.

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 10:05:45 AM »
How is the DID routed? Is that DID [2656] definitely part of a block set up on the PRI? Sounds to me like teh DID is not routed on the Mitel.

I think you are right x-man.  I tried to find how 1430 was setup but cannot find any instances of it on the PBX.  I used maintenance commands and it's not there.  I try to set it up as an extension and the PBX tells me it exists.  I do know that 1430 is a DID and works.  I also know that 2656 is a DID but it comes off different leading digits. 

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2015, 10:14:28 AM »
For a test just route 2656 to the SIP extension# with a system speed call.and see if it works then. Use locate extn number 2656 in maintenance commands.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 10:42:51 AM »
It might be helpful to know what software version you are running.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10