Author Topic: When programming a dss/lamp from 1 controller to another controller- Remote BLF  (Read 8230 times)

Offline xrds

• View Profile
The System Administration portion of our controllers were set up by an outside contractor, but I'm going to
e-mail the guy who did the work and ask him if the Cluster Element form is setup and synced to perform the feature that will enable the DSS/Busy Lamp to work across different controllers.

I did go the Cluster Elements forms - both of the Controllers have the Cluster Member built the same, they're identical.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
As mentioned in previous posts, you need to ensure that Clustering is working, in particular Feature DN etc...

Another problem I have found is the the Feature DN length has to be the same length as your extensions for it to work.

i.e. because your extensions are 3 digits your Feature DN will also need to be 3 digits,

Offline xrds

• View Profile
RALPH, JOHNP, SAROND AND LUNDAH

I just wanted to let you all know the outcome with this issue. 
I had to get our Mitel vendor involved, the technician built 2 extensions on 2 keys of an extension (5340 Phone) that was on the same controller as DSS/Busy Lamps. THEN went to Remote Busy Lamp form, selected appropriate extensions on top and @ bottom, Selected Add Member, when the the "Remote Host Set Directory Number" window came up I put in the extension that's on the other controller that needs to see the busy lamps for the these 2 extensions.

I kept the extension that needs to see the 2 extension's busy lamps with the DSS/Busy Lamps programming.

The technician also said we could have built a phantom extension on the controller that  those 2 extensions were on.

Hope that is clear.   Thanks so much for all of your help.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10