Author Topic: NuPoint Advanced UM - Troubleshooting  (Read 8126 times)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
NuPoint Advanced UM - Troubleshooting
« on: March 12, 2015, 11:55:12 AM »
Alright, I am a NuPoint Noob so bear with me on this as it is only the second one I have worked on.

I have finally setup the Advanced UM and did a test on both the Email Server and LDAP Server and they are both showing as connecting. I have a mailbox setup and it is licensed for Advanced UM, but I am not getting messages sent and I don't know where to look in order to find out what is going on.

I looked under qmail/current but it seems as that is only for those user who are using just the UM-SMTP, which is working fine.

Also, if someone could explain to me why I have to have an LDAP connection for Advanced UM would be great as well and where it comes into play.

Thanks,

TE

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NuPoint Advanced UM - Troubleshooting
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 03:41:36 PM »
Did you configure a SuperUser account for sync or individual credentials?

LDAP is used to verify the credentials of either the SuperUser or individual AD account.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 03:45:07 PM »
bluewhite4,

We don't have a Superuser Account so we were trying to do it as individuals, but that may be my problem. I am still scouring logs to find the one that UM Advanced uses so I can see what it sees as the problem.

Thanks,

TE

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 03:52:25 PM »
To my knowledge, there isn't a log. Mitel's only ever shown me the traffic using live-view tracing.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 03:56:16 PM »
Do you have the user's full email address in for the "Advanced UM Email Alias"?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 04:13:12 PM »
bluewhite4,

We have tried it as the full email address as well as a known alias used in LDAP. I finally found the log though and it took me forever to find it. I found it using the NuPoint Unified Messaging under logs and diagnostics data sosreport if you want to find it historically.

Here is the path once you unzip the whole thing: sosreport???????????????\usr\vm\log\msblogs\msblog.txt

I will continue to read this and see if I can find the issue but how do you watch it in real-time?

Thanks,

TE

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 04:35:01 PM »
Basically by doing a tail of the log you already found:

cd /usr/vm/log/msblogs
tail -f cd msblog.txt

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 04:15:39 PM »
--Resolved--

So, we had to change it to use a Superuser account and then everything started working as it was suppose to. We never could get it to work using an individuals account and I still am not sure as to why that is the case, but in the end the Superuser account is the better route for this site since they have to change their passwords every 6 months.

Thanks for all your help!

TE

Offline smithjordan875

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 09:31:00 PM »
Hi Tech Electronics,

I am in the process of installing MAPI gateway also, got few questions, hope you can help.

1) Did you have to install AOD software or any other software in the server where you install MAPI gateway?
2) Do you have to install outlook plugin in user PC?
3) When you had this working, it turns off the msg light on the phone when you listen to it in email? does it delete the msg in the mailbox also?

Thx

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 09:00:25 AM »
Smithjordan875,

I did not use a MAPI gateway as it wasn't necessary for the installation; not that many users, less than 500, of the Advanced UM.

1. Did you have to install AOD software or any other software in the server where you install MAPI gateway? Here is the process for the MAPI Gateway installation. Remember you have to create the superuser account for MAPI.

To install the MAPI Gateway:
Insert NuPoint UM Software DVD1 into the server's CD/DVD drive.
Locate and then double-click the MAPI GW executable file (MAPIGatewayInstaller).
You are prompted to accept the license agreement.
Select the Launch NPM MAPI Gateway configurator and click Finish.
Enter the following information:
Exchange Server Domain: The fully qualified domain name of the Exchange Server to which the MAPI GW is connecting (for example, npi.mitel.com). Only one domain is supported.
Exchange Server Host: The host name of the Exchange Server (for example,  iexchange). NOTE: This must be the Exchange server where the Superuser account is configured.
Superuser Account name: The account name with the Superuser (or "root") privileges on the Exchange server (NPUMAdmin).
Superuser Password: The password of the Superuser Account.
Exchange Server Version: The version of Microsoft Exchange you are running.
Exchange GUID: (Exchange 2013 only) The mailbox globally unique identifier (GUID) of the Superuser account. To obtain this value, see Determining the Exchange GUID in Outlook  (below). 
Click OK to display the Microsoft Exchange Server window.
In the Microsoft Exchange Server field:
for Exchange 2003/2007/2010, enter the fully qualified domain name of the Exchange server to which the MAPI is connecting (for example, test.mitel.com).
for Exchange 2013, enter the Exchange GUID determined in Outlook.
Click OK. The system begins to install MAPI GW.
Reboot the computer.

2. Do you have to install outlook plugin in user PC? This is not a requirement for it to work if that is what you are asking.

3) When you had this working, it turns off the msg light on the phone when you listen to it in email? does it delete the msg in the mailbox also? If you are doing Advanced UM then you are correct that it should follow that premise. Just make sure that you have Advanced UM checked on the users account.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10