Author Topic: Attendant/Operator issue Mitel 5000 (Inter-Tel)  (Read 3856 times)

Offline SDHatfield

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Attendant/Operator issue Mitel 5000 (Inter-Tel)
« on: February 13, 2015, 02:06:46 PM »
Hello All,

Running a Mitel 5000 (Inter-Tel) (of course).

When people call in and the Attendant answers they have the option to stay on the line for the general voice mail. It then comes up and says that the voice mailbox is full. I have been through every mail box using the db programming software and all the mailboxes are empty. I can't find where that general voicemail box is actually pointed to either fix it or redirect it. I have been all through the manual and have gained nothing more than a headache. Any ideas?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Attendant/Operator issue Mitel 5000 (Inter-Tel)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 02:18:59 PM »
Find your Auto Attendant (VOICE PROCESSOR/DEVICES/APPLICATIONS), hopefully it has an obvious name. Open the appropriate CALL ROUTING APPLICATION, see what mailbox is shown as TIME OUT in DIGIT TRANSLATION.  That should be where your messages go.

Offline SDHatfield

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 07:09:21 AM »
Thanks for the input. I have gone through to where suggested and I found the only one that fit your parameters. Under the Timeout I change the extension listed, but it does not seem to have changed anything. Is there a way to do it from an end point?

The reason I ask is that I am using the Intertel-5000 Session Manger that came with the system to connect to the database on the device, there have been several times where I have made changes through the software, such as VM passwords, that don;t seem to translate into the system. They shows changed but don't. I can change the passwords from the endpoints, so something is not adding up.

I appreciate and guidance or advice.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 08:24:34 AM »
It sounds like you're looking at a locally saved database, and are not actually connected to the phone system.

Offline SDHatfield

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 02:42:52 PM »
First thing I checked.

Pulled the IP right off the unit itself.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 01:28:15 PM »
So when you look at lower left corner of screen it says ONLINE?

Offline SDHatfield

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 12:34:58 PM »
Lower corner  of the screen says Node1.

Next to that: Remote Inter-tel 5000 USA

Next to that: new session

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 01:38:28 PM »
Let's make sure we're in the right place by checking the routing.  If you have loop start lines go to SYSTEM/DEVICES.../CO TRUNK GROUPS and find your main group.  Look at DAY RING IN TYPE, should say SINGLE and the destination field is where the calls go, hopefully that announcement you mentioned. If you have T!/PRI or SIP, go to SYSTEM/TRUNK RELATED INFO/CALL ROUTING TABLES, find the table you're using and check ring in type and destination.  In either case, for a sanity check, change the destination to a real phone, make a test call, see if the phone rings...then change it back.
Next now that you're sure of the application number open the app, open DIGIT TRANSLATION, change the destination to a real phone and try a call.  If that works something is weird with your general mailbox...create a shiny new one, point timeout to it, see what happens.
Note: if you're running scheduling (STAR APPLICATION) your trunks will point to that first, then the regular business hours entry there will point to the auto attendant.

Offline SDHatfield

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 12:54:42 PM »
Fantastic! I followed your path but kept getting stuck looking at the digital translation, every time I tried to look at it it came up with a error and crashed out the session. I ended up backing up the db to my machines, ran the db repair utility, loaded it back on to the system and THEN I could change what I needed in the digital translation. Talk about round about! Anyway, we are working now. Still a few bugs but I can handle those.

Thanks for all your help!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10