Author Topic: Problem Hearing Call Recipient  (Read 1374 times)

Offline xxovermetalxx

• View Profile
Problem Hearing Call Recipient
« on: February 03, 2015, 11:38:16 AM »
Hi all,

I’m having an issue with one of our phones. The problems started when someone informed me that they could not hear the other party when on the phone. The person they were calling could hear them, but they could not hear anything from the destination. I first swapped the phone's handset out, which did not resolve the problem. I then plugged the problem phone into a different network cable known to be good, which also did not solve the problem. I then plugged a known-good phone into the problem phone's network cable, and it worked just fine. I concluded that the problem must be the phone’s hardware, so I went into programming and switched the problem phone's MAC address over to a brand new phone's MAC address. After the brand new phone booted up with the old phone’s configuration, the same issue was still occurring – the recipient can hear me, but I cannot hear them. I then copied the configuration of a known-good phone in programming, hoping there was a flag or something else I missed, but no luck.

Also, we get an insufficient bandwidth alarm somewhat frequently indicating that the problem extension received insufficient bandwidth. This usually happens immediately following a page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10