Author Topic: Send 4 Digits to PRI  (Read 3344 times)

Offline hriaz

• View Profile
Send 4 Digits to PRI
« on: January 23, 2015, 06:54:39 PM »
Hello,

I know this might be a basic question for some of the guys here but i am really hoping someone can help out giving me some directions. I am really new to Mitel and have no clue how to even navigate the system so please bear my ignorance.

We currently have a Mitel 5000 connected via a PRI. When users press "Outgoing" button they are able to dial 10/11 digits without requiring 9 for outside line. I need some directions on how to configure/update the dial plan so when users press "Outgoing" button and dial 4 digits, even those are sent to the T1 PRI. The Mitel does have a second PRI port thats unused, preferably If we can configure the second port to send 4 digits out that would be ideal. Also would using the second port require an additional license?

For those who would ask me why 4 digits to PRI since it will fail, I have the Mitel connected via PRI to a Cisco 2921 which connects to PSTN. So I need 4 digits from Mitel coming to the Cisco router so I can route to other sites. Any help would be appreciated, any directions would be very very helpful.

Thank you

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Send 4 Digits to PRI
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 07:35:38 PM »
By pressing the "Outgoing" button, the endpoints are dialing out whatever is in the "Outgoing Extension" field in the endpoints "Associated Extensions". This is usually a trunk group or ARS. In defaulted systems, "8" does the same thing. Sounds like your system may be using "9" instead of "8".

Since you are trying to reach other internal sites instead of outside numbers, I would leave all the existing ARS/programming as is. I would setup a new trunk group for the second PRI and give it a single extension number like "7", or put buttons on the endpoints to access the new trunk group. The system is looking for a minimum of 7 digits, so dial a # at the end of your four digit number to let the system know you are done dialing. You would press the trunk group button or "7", followed by your four digits, followed by pound (#).

You can get more creative by programming phantoms and ARS, but I would go the simple route first to make sure it's even going to work...

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 10:20:30 PM »
You could create dial pattern NXXX set to a facility group with the networked PRI. Place it prior to the default N+ , otherwise 4-digit calls will follow the N+ routing. There will be a slight delay in dialing, while the system waits to see if any more digits are coming.

ARS isn't really that difficult. There's good information available on the help screens, F1is your friend!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 12:43:37 PM »
Hriaz,

I am concerned why you are using a PRI for this setup, but the easiest solution to determine if it would work is to go into the CO Trunk Group for that PRI and the look at its Toll Restriction and set its Subject to ARS to No. Then go to a phone and dial that CO Trunk Groups extension number, usually a 92xxx number, and then dial the 4-digit number and # (end of dialing).

What this does is bypasses the Numbering Plan and ARS altogether and just outpulses your 4 digits. I suspect that it will fail, but I don't know your entire setup so I can't determine that with any certainty.

If it does work for you then just create a button on your phones that dials the CO Trunk Groups extension and use that instead of outgoing to make those calls. Otherwise you will require a lot of programming to get this to work with the Outgoing button.

Thanks,

TE

Offline hriaz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 03:18:42 PM »
Hriaz,

I am concerned why you are using a PRI for this setup,

Hi TE,

Thanks for the response and apologize in responding late to this. Initially the Mitel 5000 system was directly connected to PSTN over PRI. I needed to intercept the calls for some DID's that were for a remote location running Cisco Call Manager Express. Because of that, I introduced a Cisco Gateway and Gatekeeper (for remote sites h323) and kept the Mitel setup exactly the same by using emulate-network on the T1 cards. So the call from PSTN comes into the Cisco router over PRI ISDN Q931, the router looks at the routing table and if it finds the last 4 digits are for Mitel, it basically forwards it out its second T1 port. If the call is for a remote location, then it connects to that CME over h323 dial-peers.

Having said this, what is the best way that you suggest? I am wondering if i can connect another PRI to an open port on the Mitel to Cisco and configure Mitel to accept inbound 3 digits (since extensions are 3 digits) and send 4 digit calls to this second PRI. Thoughts? Do-able for a beginner with directions?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10