Author Topic: Transfer calls to speakerphone  (Read 1972 times)

Offline temple

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Transfer calls to speakerphone
« on: January 16, 2015, 04:13:30 AM »
Apologies if this has been answered before, I can not find it anywhere.

Our receptionist always announces the transfers. My users are complaining that when they answer her call on speakerphone (5340&5360s), they then have to press it again to take the call.

I thought this was "Handsfree Announce On System Forward Transfer" but it is set to No. I have tried setting it to yes, but it makes no difference.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please.

Offline original

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer calls to speakerphone
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 04:55:19 AM »
Hi Temple.

I believe the setting you are looking for is: "Transfer to Connect Allowed".

You can find that setting under System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phones > (Phone) > Flags

Thanks,
James

Offline temple

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 05:19:56 AM »
Thanks for the reply. That is set to yes already. If we pick up the handset, it transfers seemlessly. It is only when on handsfree the user has to press the speakerbutton again to be connected to the call.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 08:43:39 AM »
I don't think this can happen.  If it did, when you make an unnanounced transfer (hang up without speaking) the call would go through to the speaker even if no one is at the receiving phone, not a good thing.  Different on call to handset because then someone has actually picked up the handset verifying someone's there.  Haven't seen this reasoning documented but that's my guess.

Offline original

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 08:49:19 AM »
Hi Temple,

Having just checked the help file, I don't think it is possible:

Transfer To Connect Allowed
If this flag is enabled, an announced transfer call (including an announced transfer from voice mail) connects immediately with the destination once the transferring party hangs up. (If the flag is disabled, the recipient must press a CALL key to answer the transferred call). If the user has a headset enabled, or if the device user picks up the handset for the initial call and the transferring party disconnects, the transferred party will hear a single tone and then be immediately connected without any further action from the device user. Calls will not automatically connect in handsfree speakerphone mode; the user must press a CALL key to answer the call. This flag is disabled by default.

Thanks,
James

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10