Author Topic: Program a button(5340e) to Forward all calls to outside number  (Read 2255 times)

Offline briand1023

• View Profile
Program a button(5340e) to Forward all calls to outside number
« on: January 13, 2015, 12:11:10 PM »
Hello All -
I have a user who wants a button programmed on their phone that when pressed forwards all calls to their cell phone.  They do not want to press Fwd then choose All Calls, etc....  I programmed this in the past, but do not recall the steps I followed. 

Thanks in advance.
Brian

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Program a button(5340e) to Forward all calls to outside number
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 12:38:50 PM »
Have you considered Dynamic Extension (cell phone twinning) instead of forward.  Advantage is that if cell isn't answered call can go to business voice mail, where pressing 0 actually does something, instead of cell phone voice mail jail.

But if you insist on forward you just program a station speed dial button to dial 355 (fwd all call) then 8 (outside line) then destination number. , Needs to be done at the phone (simplest) unless you use ONLINE MONITOR in database programming.  Won't work if you require SPCL key for feature code entry.

Offline briand1023

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 02:02:15 PM »
Hello,

Yes, I offered the twinning option but they said no, "Just want a button to push when I want it on".  So, my problem was that I had changed the Flag for Special Key to "yes" to prevent users from accidentally entering Feature Codes.  Turned that off and it worked perfect.  Thanks!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 02:32:08 PM »
Briand1023,

Did you explain to them how DEE worked and that they could turn it on and off with a button like they want with the added benefit of doing it remotely as well, not to mention the handoff function too.

This way you could turn your flag back on for the Special Key so your users don't cause you any issues later on if that is a problem.

Thanks,

TE

Offline original

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 05:09:30 AM »
+1 for Dynamic Ext Express. We use that here for mobile and desk ringing (then to voicemail).

By the way, did you ask the same question at the Mitel User Group? - I was the first to answer recommending asking at Mitel Forums (but they deleted that bit!).

The forums have been dead there since they started up. The only useful part of that group is the setting up of a Mitel Online account.

Thanks,
James

Offline temple

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 08:37:38 AM »
We do this. You would need to use one of their speed dial locations and then program it with 3559xxx# where 355=your feature code to forward calls and xxx is the phone number. Then assign the speed dial to a button on the phone.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10